Toxicity

Chomp's Avatar Chomp11/22/17 3:50 pm
12/11/2017 9:43 am
Antiquez's Avatar Antiquez
We all know this. Toxicity. people who are rude and can't be nice. They are not true to people around them. They need an attitude check. Their personalities are so unappealing that it makes the people around them suffer and turn rude as well.

From a scale of 1(Nice) to 10(Toxic). Give me your honest opinion on how toxic you think the Minecraft Community is at the moment.

It's ruining the game.

(You can mostly find Toxic people on Minigame servers, like Hypixel, Cubecraft, Mineplex or even The Hive.)
Chomp
Level 19 : Journeyman Sheep

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/11/2017 9:43 am
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
12/11/2017 9:00 am
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
I would put it at a 3, but I've seen League and Fighting game communities which are the worst kind of salt pools you would ever find.

One out of every thousand people cry "Minecraft bad!" but I wouldn't really call that toxic. Heck, even ban appeal threads I've looked at are almost apologetic at times.

Whenever I do hop on a minigames server, I don't think I really see much in the way that would even be considered toxic. I mean, there's the "you suck" every now and again, but really I think that's harmless compared to saying someone should kill themselves over missing an ability.
12/04/2017 9:34 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Chirro
Depends on certain factors. Mainly, the servers/fanbases. There are some servers/mini-games with a pretty well-matured community tied to it.

As for the general community, I would have to rate it a 6-7.
12/04/2017 8:57 pm
Level 26 : Expert Geek
xXGothicXx
depends on what stand point, for me only 3 or 4, also i really don't find any toxic people on hypixel
12/04/2017 8:51 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
12/04/2017 8:44 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
0ct0ber
I dislike that hackers are so common, and look down upon those people... but otherwise I almost always see nice people on servers. What disappoints me is how they are doing activities that really aren't worth their time on quite boring servers, just because they get to look "cool" with the powerful items that result from it... meanwhile some actually good gameplay servers are passed by.
11/22/2017 9:40 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragonborn
TheSuperOdyssey
i think its a 3/10. Havent found any toxic people, really.
11/22/2017 9:37 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
11/22/2017 5:43 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
It's not ruining the game any more than it ruins the internet. It simply is, and I haven't seen minecraft as being particularly special in that regard. I wouldn't give it extra points for maturity, but I could think of a number of worse communities. I don't think the general term "toxicity" is killing it, at least not by itself.

Sometimes the problem is oversensitiveness, but assuming that isn't the case here - I would give it a 5 for average (such a question is somewhat pointless, by the way, if you don't have a proper metric for how each person considers something toxic).
11/22/2017 4:34 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
BartTheBart
I'd give it a 6. Perhaps a 7.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome