What do you like to see in a minecraft map?

sa5mmm's Avatar sa5mmm10/29/13 4:47 pm
1 emeralds 397 9
10/30/2013 9:24 pm
sa5mmm's Avatar sa5mmm
What is most important about an adventure map? Is it the landscape, the builds, or the story?
sa5mmm
Level 37 : Artisan Zombie

Create an account or sign in to comment.

sa5mmm
10/29/2013 10:53 pm
Cool you guys. I am basically just building right now and plan to add the story in piece by piece when I get more of the build done. Any other tips?
Strange_Chemicals
10/30/2013 4:31 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Taco
in my opinion there are two types of maps: linear and open world.

linear is a quest-by-quest style where the game can only progress if you complete certain tasks.

open world is where you can perform any list of quests at will.

i think you should decide which map yours would best fit into.

if it's open world, you want the map to be extremely detailed, since people will be all over the map and look at everything from every possible angle. (thinking of skyrim, gta v, etc.)

if it's linear, there is less that is necessary. you only need to build what the player will see, and their movement throughout the game will be limited. (thinking of dark souls, mario, etc.)
sa5mmm
10/30/2013 9:24 pm
That helps a lot thanks!
I'm thinking my map will be open world because that's already how it's starting and I feel it would allow me to edit the story at will. Making it more interesting.
Lokirlz
10/29/2013 6:10 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
Ehh, I'd say the story. If the builds aren't that great, that's fine, as long as they are playable. On the other hand, the story is what should make the player connect to the builder. If ur storeee iz lik thiz, or just not very interesting, I'll get kinda bored with the map.
Strange_Chemicals
10/29/2013 6:05 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Taco
plot.
Caux
10/29/2013 5:18 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect
Builds and a good design of the map attract most users, but for a minor amount of people like me, the story is what matters the most, and can make the difference that will make me play it or not.

I know it can sound hard if you don't have experience with adventure map making, but you should include both good storyline and buildings. You can get other people to help you (like a build team), and I suggest not to come up for the first time with an amazing and huge idea, it'll probably not succeed and you'll get disapointed.
Zaleria
10/29/2013 5:15 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
story for sure, though builds are extremely important too.
weasal
10/29/2013 5:13 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Hunter
I like builds because I generally don't follow the story line.
CrazyHecticLife
10/29/2013 4:49 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
I think it's the story.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome