Whats with the elusive 1.9/1.8 mod site pages?

Jnaejnae's Avatar Jnaejnae3/15/16 5:02 am
3/16/2016 6:50 am
TeamErmia1's Avatar TeamErmia1
Do you know what Im talking about? Its those sites that take mods from other sites, puts the latest version of minecraft in the title to make you think its compatible, when really in the description it only goes up to something like .2 versions above the older one listed. I mean 1.9 forge api doesnt even exist yet, and best, how are they still allowed to do this? They are taking other peoples content without their consent, use lies to advertise and bait clicks. Then use sites like ad.fly to make money off of it. Im not really sure if theres much we can do, but I do feel like I should point out these disgusting businesses. I also want see what others think of such a thing.
Jnaejnae
Level 38 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

TeamErmia1
03/16/2016 6:50 am
Level 1 : New Miner
My sympathy goes out to those who have created mod content, only to see others cash in on their efforts without giving due credit. But lets face it, that is pretty much the story of the internet as a whole.

When it comes to Minecraft, 'celeb vloggers' make their name by peddling their brand over servers and maps that others created and maintain. What it amounts to is thousands and thousands of hours of others peoples (mostly free) work, distilled into a few hundred hours of video, which is the only cash value being realised. Honestly I see modding collectives as the way forward because then there are others who have a modders back, they can jointly appoint a webmaster, and their conjoined presence also makes for a bigger footprint on the web. If that opportunity is left wanting..... as we are seeing, someone else will pick up the parts and put them all together for their own selfish benefit.
MCProBuilders
03/15/2016 11:53 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Modder
(: It can be annoying. For my modded server I make sure all the mod creators get credit.
Dlljs
03/15/2016 11:48 am
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd
Have a look at this website: http://stopmodreposts.org/
FEX___96
03/15/2016 11:40 am
Level 78 : Legendary Engineer
TheMcExpress
Most of the times just mentioning what i may do is enough for them to remove my mods

I did so on 9minecraft and they did used my adf.ly link instead then xD
Still, it's a bad site.

brostermedia-cut-

did report it (at least I guess that's how to report..)
MattsOnMc
03/15/2016 11:25 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Programmer
I mostly give posters on those sites 1 warning and 2 days and then I report their asses :>
Most of the times just mentioning what i may do is enough for them to remove my mods
brostermedia
03/15/2016 10:12 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
sollution: only check sites such as: planetminecraft minecraftforum skydaz curse and of course, the official forge website
FEX___96
03/15/2016 10:17 am
found my mod recently on skydaz,

It's just another annoying reposter. they did not ask me for permission
brostermedia
03/15/2016 10:49 am
ask them to take it down, they mainly do give credit but i believe you can take it down if you do not like them sharing it
FEX___96
03/15/2016 11:05 am
I will probably if they dare to update it..
brostermedia
03/15/2016 11:15 am
i read the terms of use on the website and it is not uploaded by them but by people who have accounts there, but by doing this they break the rules and if i were you i should have already contacted them
FEX___96
03/15/2016 11:23 am
Did not saw any login buttons there..
koinu
03/15/2016 7:53 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
Ugh, I get what you mean - these sites always used to annoy me.
TeamErmia1
03/15/2016 7:05 am
Level 1 : New Miner
I know what you are talking about alright. When 1.8 came out I was hunting for Forge. Many self appointed mod sites were advertising 1.8 forge from the get go, but understandably it was months until Forge was actually 1.8 ready. When it finally ready the internet was still awash with bogus claims about 1.8 Forge, and some of the leech sites did not even bother to link to the 1.8 Forge release when it was ready. It makes for a confusing vista, but the bottom line is sites wanting to maintain or attract traffic on the back of other peoples work. Novice MC players are most vulnerable to these mercenaries, but I suppose its all part of the internet.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome