Locked door and chests mod?

ES3M's Avatar ES3M9/30/13 12:33 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 10
9/30/2013 2:13 pm
LetsPlay2D's Avatar LetsPlay2D
I want to make a server as vanilla as possible but also keep griefing to a minimum. Shops will be player run and use bartering in-game items instead of a consistent currency.

Right now I need a mod to protect player structures and one with keys that go to specific doors for shopkeepers and private property. Is there a mod like that anywhere?
ES3M
Level 24 : Expert Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2013 1:19 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
JaguarJo
ES3Mbut I will do that golden shovel protection thing, I really like that one.

I've got that on my server and I really like it. It's called Grief Prevention. http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/grief-prevention/

You can set it in the config file to lock all doors when a claim is made; then only people given trust there can open them. There are different trust levels (access trust, container trust, build trust) which help limit permissions to only the people you want doing stuff.

So if I wanted to build a shopping mall, for instance, I would first make a big admin claim that covers the whole area, then subdivide that into smaller claim plots for the shops, make access trust public for everywhere so people can open the doors but not break anything, and then give regular trust for the subdivisions to individual shop owners so they could build their shops. It might sound like a lot of steps, but it makes griefing fairly impossible. Assuming you set it up right, the worst thing that could happen is if one of the shop keepers griefed his own shop.

Players protecting their own areas is pretty easy too. The only problems I've noticed is some people take longer than others to figure out how to use the gold shovel. Admins can always adjust the claim for them though if they absolutely can't figure it out.
09/30/2013 1:00 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
SoyMonkey
lockette worldgaurd and towny are all good ones to try
09/30/2013 12:51 pm
Level 24 : Expert Skinner
ES3M
I'd like it to be a literal key that I can make and give to the owner... but I will do that golden shovel protection thing, I really like that one.
09/30/2013 12:45 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
SERVEBEAR
If you are using bukkit the plugin LWC http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/lwc/ will make it so chests and doors can be made private and only accessed by certain users.
09/30/2013 12:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Geek
Ping0pong
So does lockette...And I still think lockette is better than LWC as LWC has a bunch of commands.
09/30/2013 12:54 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
SERVEBEAR
It's personal preference whether you want simplicity or aesthetics.
09/30/2013 2:13 pm
Level 46 : Master Pixel Painter
LetsPlay2D
LWC is made out of commands, but you don't need an ugly sign as in Lockette
09/30/2013 12:42 pm
Ping0pong
You could also try buy region!
09/30/2013 12:39 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
bethenna
Lockette plugin sort of does that job.

It allows people to put signs on doors and chests so that only them and other people whose names are on the sign can use it.

However it doesn't protect against griefing.. There are faction plugins, and loads of useful rollback plugins too. Just keep searching
09/30/2013 12:39 pm
Ping0pong
Will lockette the help? Search the bukkit plugins page.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome