Looking for coders for mod idea

DubbedUniverse's Avatar DubbedUniverse7/21/13 4:27 pm
7/23/2013 11:41 am
QuickHead555's Avatar QuickHead555
Well the idea is I'm making a mod for Minecraft 1.6.2 that changes how iron and gold ore work! The plan is when you break these two blocks it gives you exp AND rather than the block gives you iron / gold chunks, to proceed you smelt these and get ingots! It adds a nice bit of EXP To your game!

Fill this out and I'll get back to you

Steam: Communication.
Experience: So I can see if you're good.
Why I should be a coder: Convince me your dedicated enough to do this task!
Smilies: Pick one!
DubbedUniverse
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

QuickHead555
07/23/2013 11:41 am
Level 44 : Master Modder
I would join but I do not reach the age requirement..
cuchaz
07/23/2013 11:28 am
Level 77 : Legendary Modder
I can certainly understand if some coder is bored and just looking for something to do. That person might offer to write mods for you for free.

But an interesting trend is, the better a coder's programming skills, the less likely that coder is to be bored and have huge amounts of free time. If you want a skilled programmer to make a mod for you, you might have to do a little work convincing him/her to spend precious free time on your project instead of his/her own project.

It's not really about greed or money. It's about how people want to spend their time.
calvi22
07/22/2013 3:53 pm
I'll do it for free then! I don't mind! I just want something to do...

cal
cuchaz
07/22/2013 9:39 am
My only point was, it is a bit unrealistic to expect someone to give you code without any kind of exchange in return. It doesn't have to be money. You could trade favors, etc. But the short version is, programming takes skill and hard work. It takes MUCH more work to code and implement a feature than it does to design the feature on paper. You might have a hard time recruiting a skilled programmer if you offer nothing in return for their work.
deancohen1994
07/22/2013 5:04 pm
Level 21 : Expert Cake
money is kinda greedy, although i have guy i asked to make plugins for me a while back, (about a year ago) i offered pay but he never accepted, but we chat daily i help him with testing plugins and i had a free copy of bioshock infinite i gave him,
people that ask for stuff dont always get what they want,whereas by my friend not wanting anything he feels better about himself i willingly give him thinks when i can and help in other ways..

sometimes greed can be peoples downfall
Geminicreeper
07/22/2013 10:17 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Just have links to YouTube/planet minecraft, shout outs on videos, etc. Promote them, and that's usually what people will accept, just so long as more people look at their work because of what they've done for you. And then you have those who want money. If you are broke, oh well. They don't need to code for you. There is always someone else.
DubbedUniverse
07/22/2013 7:59 am
Money? Bwahahaha no. I'm not paying money for somebody to code something for me, if you want to help then thats great and I'll work with you on the mod however I expect you to do it for free. Unless you want hugs and kisses <3
froghog
07/21/2013 5:41 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
greedy greddy people. i would do the code for fun, education, and productivity!
cuchaz
07/21/2013 6:05 pm
It all depends on how much you value your time. =P
treyishuman
07/21/2013 5:11 pm
Level 22 : Expert Button Pusher
Actually, it's not a half bad mod idea. Plus, kinda easy. But as of 1.6.2 and all the changes to forge/modloader. I have no idea how to. I could have thrown that together in an hour or so back in 1.5.2. But now it's different.
nickfromgreece
07/21/2013 4:59 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Programmer
You know coding takes a LOT of time and effort what makes you think that someone will make a mod for nothing?
calvi22
07/21/2013 5:09 pm
He's right, I would be expecting pay.
calvi22
07/21/2013 4:54 pm

Steam: Yes, calvi9 is my username

Experience: 2 years of playing Minecraft and a good knowledge on how to code blocks.

Why I should be a coder: This is one of my first proper mods to work on and it would be a good starter to get me kicked off into the modding industry. I have experience and I am very good and Minecraft.

Smilie:

Timezone: GMT

I hope I can be of assistance but only if I get paid!!!

cal
cuchaz
07/21/2013 4:30 pm
What incentive do we have to write code for you?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome