Looking For First Mod Ideas

elfin8er's Avatar elfin8er11/17/14 8:45 pm
1 emeralds 562 8
11/18/2014 2:34 am
Bard Bard's Avatar Bard Bard
I figure it's about time that I've really learned how to create Forge Mods. I'd call myself relatively decent with Java, and pretty experienced with Bukkit. I also played around with Forge a little over a year ago, so I have a bit of experience with Forge, so I guess I'll just jump right in.

However, I've already run into a small problem. What should I make for my mod? I know everybody is probably like "start simple!" but I like to have a goal in mind, plus I've already started out pretty simple by creating simple food items and whatnot, but I want to start creating something that people may actually be interested in. I'm not looking to do something too advanced, nor am I looking for something that's been done far too often. Anybody have any suggestions?

Ideas So Far
No Item Left Behind - A mod that makes some of the less useful items, a little more useful.

Collectible Books - A mod that adds written books of different rarities to the game. They could spawn in villages, and/or dungeons. This would add a pretty neat collectible aspect to the game.
elfin8er
Level 17 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

QueenSheba007
11/18/2014 1:39 am
Level 1 : New Miner
a villager more trade mod or amethysts in place of emeralds
Bard Bard
11/18/2014 2:34 am
Level 43 : Master Dragon
and more trades!
Quaffle82
11/17/2014 9:34 pm
Level 46 : Master Lad
Take something you like and turn that into minecraft. For example, a while back I decided to make a Diablo III minecraft mod. It was going great but I ran into an error with Java on a Mac and it crashed and burned, but thats beside the point. When I make a mod to toy around in, I like to take a huge topic, then translate that into minecraft. For example, now that I have too much time on my hands and I built myself a gaming PC, I plan on returning to my Diablo Mod, and finishing that shit. So what are your favorite games? What is something that, as a player, you would genuinely enjoy to explore and play on your own? Use that mentality when deciding what to make as a new mod.
elfin8er
11/18/2014 12:06 am
This seems like a great mindset, unfortunately I don't think I know enough about any other games or movies to do something like this. Of course, I'm sure I could name a few that would make a good mod, but don't have enough knowledge of any of them to create a mod based off of it.
Johnanater
11/17/2014 9:30 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Hmmm... A pineapple mod!
bobbiecraftstoday123
11/17/2014 9:11 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Network
in Minecraft many structures are using up space, and on servers with limited building space, demolition damages structures and poses a risk of injuring players on the server. the only demolition methods on Minecraft currently are dangerous and inefficient. tnt may blast the structure but it does damage structures around it. but this mod would include;

a rig with a wrecking ball.

a bulldozer

a jackhammer to mine obsidian faster.

dynamite to blast buildings.

Wagons- to haul resources

Crane- to hold wrecking ball
elfin8er
11/17/2014 9:23 pm
Geez man, I said first mod, lol. This would most likely require custom models, custom guis, custom physics, etc.
Project Venom
11/17/2014 9:04 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
An wrist mounted cannon. That shoots a blue laser beam. 8 dmg a hit
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome