Mod Request: Return of the Metadata textures

Xickle's Avatar Xickle8/15/15 8:45 am
1 emeralds 140
Hello!
I have an idea for a mod, that would restore the pre-1.8 metadata textures to the current version of Minecraft! These allow resource pack creators to add new block textures into ID's which exsisted already, but were not used in default textures(e.g. oak wood planks ID is 5:0, spruce is 5:1, birch is 5:2, and so on until you get to 5:6,7,8...15 which are all oak again).

The reason I'd really, really like to see this made is because I've spent nearly 2 years working on a project which relies quite heavily on metadata textures, and I cannot update my client above 1.7.10, because Mojang has taken out the metadata in 1.8 and above. Only a handful of people have seen the project, as I've kept it a secret for quite a while, but I will definitely show it to you, if you help me here! I'd help you test it on my world!

And there is a lot of people who would like this type of mod to be made, so they can keep on using resource packs like Conquest to their full potential! Until 1.8 you'd use Optifine or McPatcher to get the metadata textures enabled, but now we are in need of a seperate mod to enable them!

I hope I was clear enough. If not, you can post questions/discussions on this thread and I will respond asap! Thank you!
Xickle
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner