1.6.2 modding texture help (ModLoader)

FiskFille's Avatar FiskFille7/8/13 11:31 am
1 emeralds 3.1k 9
11/26/2013 7:36 pm
bmanrules's Avatar bmanrules
Could anyone help me with this error?

2013-07-08 17:13:30 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] Using missing texture, unable to load: minecraft:textures/items/diamond_sword_overlay.png

In other words, I don't know where in the MCP folder to put my textures, could anyone help me?
FiskFille
Level 96 : Overlord Fish

Create an account or sign in to comment.

jbagnelljr
11/26/2013 7:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Im on mac trying to load mods with forge on 1.6.2. The textures are pink and black checkered blocks and i have tried everything please help.
bmanrules
11/26/2013 7:36 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
Make a new thread instead of bumping an old one. Post error logs and what mods you have installed.
sekwah41
08/03/2013 10:33 am
Level 89 : Elite Senpai
TheBooYour answer is forge. Switch to forge, and your problems will be solved. ModLoader is a good API, yes, but forge offers way more compability, and the "code-it-once feature" which allows for easy SMP compability.

No it's not. And by the way, I fixed it.

I can't say your wrong, ModLoader is frequently used on mods such as "more tools", "budder ore" or similar smaller mods. But if you want compability and a good API, I suggest forge. If you want a light-weight API with not so many features, go with ModLoader.

I also use modloader, there are people who prefer it and also my mod would have to be a core mod and I got stuck doing that (one or 2 methods I think came close to working though)

I agree it is better for alot of things though suck as the API and being able to make multiplayer mods.
ehdfawq3er
07/08/2013 1:16 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Modder
Your answer is forge. Switch to forge, and your problems will be solved. ModLoader is a good API, yes, but forge offers way more compability, and the "code-it-once feature" which allows for easy SMP compability.

I can't say your wrong, ModLoader is frequently used on mods such as "more tools", "budder ore" or similar smaller mods. But if you want compability and a good API, I suggest forge. If you want a light-weight API with not so many features, go with ModLoader.
ArinArcana
07/08/2013 11:38 am
Level 26 : Expert Modder
the folder path is /assets/modID/texture/[blocks|items]/your_texture.png inside src/minecraft. One thing that it says you didn't do is register your item icon inside your item class file

insert this code into your item class:

@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public void registerIcons(IconRegister ir)
{
this.itemIcon = ir.registerIcon( "MODID:TEXTURENAME");
}
FiskFille
07/08/2013 11:59 am
I forgot to mention, it's modloader.
ArinArcana
07/08/2013 1:01 pm
Level 26 : Expert Modder
Yeah... convert to Minecraft Forge. Modloader is dead/almost never used
FiskFille
07/08/2013 1:13 pm
GameblockNetwork
07/08/2013 11:34 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Modder
FiskFilleCould anyone help me with this error?

2013-07-08 17:13:30 [CLIENT] [SEVERE] Using missing texture, unable to load: minecraft:textures/items/diamond_sword_overlay.png

In other words, I don't know where in the MCP folder to put my textures, could anyone help me?

I CAN, TALK TO ME ON SKYPE POOPYFACE ;X
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome