Plugin Concept

Blackveiled's Avatar Blackveiled4/23/14 7:10 pm
1 emeralds 367 9
4/24/2014 2:31 am
KingPsychopath's Avatar KingPsychopath
So I have this idea, I want to create a plugin which is basically a Social Manager. It would allow you to add and remove players to your friend or enemy list, aswell as tell other players what servers they are currently online on (if it supports the plugin of course). The plugin would easily be added to a player's server and it would instantly work.

Other features would be to allow the option to:
- Allow ignore lists
- Block friendly fire between friends
- Allow players to create "clans" which allow a group of friends to keep track of eachother on different servers.
- Add player status messages which their friends can see.
- Add a mailbox, and allow cross-server communication via mail. (/o letter would give the player an unwritten book, which they can write their message on and then send to a friend)
- A server top-list which can be viewed in-game for people to find new servers to connect to. (Option to disable)
- more ideas from everyone else

Feedback/Comments ?
Blackveiled
Level 12 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

KingPsychopath
04/24/2014 2:31 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Architect
It's only delivering strings.. It would not take a lot of ram
It's not a mod.
Why would he need to use bungeecord, he's doing something completely different..
Roadboy98
04/23/2014 9:50 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
I think this is a nice concept. As I have just started college learning how to code in Java. It would definitely take a lot of effort and would need lots of ram and bandwidth for your web servers.
ShadowCatEXE
04/23/2014 9:47 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Toast
This is pretty much Factions and Essentials working across multiple servers...
fase
04/23/2014 7:54 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Gent
You could probably use Bungeecord's API to do something like this. Like on a join event, cycle through the other players on all servers and see if a player is on the original players friend list. Then have them join that server. I've never used coded with BungeeCord though. But really it would be like any other friends plugin, with the Bungee API.
xAstraah
04/23/2014 7:14 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Modder
This would not be a plugin concept, You want cross server communication which would involve every server you play on having that plugin installed. This would more likley be a Mod.
Jrcarp
04/23/2014 7:19 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Actually, This would be a huge thing but, A webserver could be put up so the plugin will send it messages and it will send a message to the servers with the plugin installed broadcasting a message. The ability for the name and words show up is very possible. This idea would take a lot of work and money if there was webservers involved.
Blackveiled
04/23/2014 7:22 pm
I already have webservers at my disposal.
bmanrules
04/23/2014 7:36 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Programmer
You'd need a lot of ram, bandwidth and storage space.Great concept though
Blackveiled
04/23/2014 7:18 pm
This is a plugin, because it would be a plugin ran through a Minecraft server. The users would not have to mod their client at all. Also, what makes this not a concept? Do you not even know what the word means?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome