Great Adventure Mode/RPG Servers

Lauren_Muffin's Avatar Lauren_Muffin4/18/16 4:20 pm
1 emeralds 156
I've been trying to find great Adventure Mode/RPG servers for a long time, though they tend to be very hard to find--especially due to servers' habit to abuse tags that don't even apply to them on server lists.

These are some great servers I've found. They're all adventure mode/PVE (can't build/break blocks, for the most part), RPG, custom pre-made maps and great plugins.

Note: I might have gotten some of these servers mixed up so certain elements of one server or another might be off
Zombie/Mob Survival Servers

http://mc-adventure.com/
Mining Dead (Walking Dead)
IP: mingdead.com
Texture pack: Ye
Loot: A very nice loot system with different loot in different places. However, all loot chests look the same, and you can only tell them apart by opening them and looking at the chest's name. Some loot is rarer than others.
Items: Lootable items include guns, backpacks (of different sizes), armor, and medicine.
Guns: Guns have tiers, which is good for easily organizing them by strength/rarity (which is difficult on some other servers). The aiming system is also very fluid/less glitchy than most. You're also told which ammo is for which gun, which is pretty great.
Vehicles: The only vehicle is a recolored minecart that you scoot around on.
The Environment: Cities/settlements are the only places where you can get things, as far as I'm concerned, so the wilderness is pretty empty/useless. Zombies also spawn absolutely freaking everywhere, but they're also very weak/easily killed, so it's no biggy. They have a map on their site where you can find all the different settlements.
Economy: An interesting money system with NPCs that you can buy and sell to/from. You can also trade with other players. NPCs that you can trade with are found in safe, non-pvp zones.
Servers: Multiple PVP and PVE (non-pvp) servers to choose from.
Community: Pretty big. The PVE servers have a pretty fun RPG community. Players like to create "communities" where they gather people at a town and assign different people to different tasks.
Donators: You get perks for donating such as teleportation and weapons. Though if you can't donate, it's not that much of a disadvantage.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/i ... with-guns/
Infected RPG (DayZ)
IP: mc.infectedrpg.ca
Texture Pack: Ye
Loot: The most creative loot system I've seen. There are different types of loot chests with different types of loot found in different places.
Items: Loot includes fuel for vehicles, guns, camouflaged armor, bandages/medicines, interesting PVP items (such as flash grenades), and food. There's also a unique crafting system.
Guns: Guns are pretty accurate/not glitchy but they're kind of confusing. You can only have 1 secondary gun in your hotbar at a time, or you can't use either--which, if you're in a fight, will very easily get you killed if you make the mistake.
Vehicles: Amazing. There's a lot of 3D vehicles of many different types, including cars, tanks, rafts and helicopters. Not only that, but they also come in different colors. You need fuel to drive them, and they have health of their own. Some even have weapons.
The Environment: MASSIVE premade map with a map you can find online. The environment is also really interactive; you can hunt for food or find berries in bushes. The zombies also spawn at a rational rate. There's also radiation zones: which will kill you, as I found out the hard way.
Economy: When you get money from killing something, it drops on the ground, which is pretty annoying because other zombies often pick it up. I don't know if money has any other use than leveling up your rank.
Servers: There's only 1 server, which during the peak time of the day can be hard to get into.
Community: Though being a PVP world the community's pretty nice. There's several people that make an effort not to kill others, rather than being a rampaging KOS world. The community is also pretty small--the server size is 100 and I've never seen less than 20 people online.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/f ... r-project/
Fallout Atlanta (Fallout)
IP: fallout.gromgaming.net
This server is fairly new and a work in progress, but it has a LOT of potential in its current state which is why it needs support.
Texture Pack: Atm you have to download it yourself, the auto-download doesn't work.
Loot: Found pretty much everywhere in chests.
Items: Typical things; like food, medicine, weapons, etc.
Guns: yea man
Vehicles: don't think
The Environment: I haven't explored much; it's a Fallout-like wasteland/desert environment. They are also looking for builders. There's plenty of mobs to look out for, including ghouls, radroaches, and dogs.
Economy: Kind of trippy atm as the coding is still new, though it's leading up to a complex economy with NPCs that you can buy from and sell to.
Servers: Just 1
Community: The community's real small (I've never seen more than 8 people online) but it's also got quite the RPG feel. I logged on the other day and they were yelling at each other about starting a war because someone from Faction A accidentally killed someone from Faction B or something

Texture Pack:
Loot:
Items:
Guns:
Vehicles:
The Environment:
Economy:
Servers:
Community:
Lauren_Muffin
Level 14 : Journeyman Skinner