24/7 Hardcore Roleplay Server [Bukkit] [SMP] [PvP]

Geonix's Avatar Geonix2/24/13 1:24 pm
1 emeralds 118 1
2/24/2013 1:59 pm
Geonix's Avatar Geonix
Hey everyone

I've recently been very interested in creating a hardcore roleplay server. By hardcore I mean you create your character and you stay in character No exceptions. I really enjoy using Minecraft as an enviroment for roleplaying as so much is possible.

So far I've set up a very small spawn town on a private bukkit server. The plugins are very limited as I want the experience to be as authentic as possible. The only thing that you would immediately notice is that chat is restricted to 150 blocks unless you want to shout something. Like I said this is a hardcore server and you shouldnt be able to chat to your friend across the other side of the map, you actually have to travel to talk or send a letter. We also have a server that allows you to change your name. An example would be my name Geonix is changed to Bronn, my characters name.

As the server progresses and people start to play on a regular basis i will be adding "quests" to do. This could be very simple at first, go check out the cave near town or collect x amount of bones, the usual mmo guff. Once the hosting is set up and a few regulars are established quests may change to be more fitting to a true "medieval" experience. Go settle a new village north of xxx pass or help establish relations with the nearby towns. My aim is not to make this a fantasy server but more a simulation of medieval life. Instead of heading out to defeat the evil wizard in his tower maybe the king will be raising an army to invade and conquer the nearby tribes.

For now the server will be running from my pc until I can buy the hosting tomorrow so i guess we could call this a trial run. If anybody is interested in joining you can connect to: 82.17.203.26

I will keep the server up all night and all day tomorrow in a hopes that people will get a true feel of the environment I am trying to create. If you have any questions you can either leave a comment here, pm me or whisper me in game.

See you in game

Bronn (Geonix)

Geonix
Level 14 : Journeyman Narwhal