Looking For New Server Owner

RunRampant's Avatar RunRampant4/14/15 8:59 pm
4/21/2015 11:00 pm
RunRampant's Avatar RunRampant
Hello, I am Michael. I am the current owner of my server "RunRampant". Over time I have lost the time that I had before to run and manage my server. I was even thinking of just shutting it down, but I had a better idea. The server I currently own is hosted and sponsored by ioTheory Ltd. hosting. They have been hosting my server in exchange for advertising. Due to my lack of time, I have been unable to do this. Because of all this I am looking for someone who is experience, willing, and reliable to run and mange the server as its owner. The person who does take on this title will have full control over the server.

The only stipulation is that you will be subject to over site by myself, ioTheory, and another declared person of trust. I will retain the authority (as well as ioThoery) to strip you of your powers. The trusted person will only be a viewer. Also the right to advertise within the server and make other necessary changes to achieve contractual obligations. Also the right to fire any staff of which you hire. *

The person who takes on the title of owner can do practically anything with the server. Change the name, build whatever, add whatever plugins, hire who you please, and so on. You will though take on the responsibility of the whole server, like any other owner. You will receive help from ioTheory, professionals, and myself.

If you are interested at all, please take some time to fill out the application.

Name:
Email:
Skype Address:
Level in School (if in school):
Years of Minecraft Played:
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles:
Previous Experience working with others:
Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers:
Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one):
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one):
Previous Experience with plugins:
Previous Experience with computer science:
Previous Experience with advertising:
In a Paragraph describe yourself:
In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members:

*Upon making an application and being chosen for the position you agree to rights that have been stated in the 2nd paragraph.
RunRampant
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RunRampant
04/21/2015 11:00 pm
Bump
RunRampant
04/20/2015 9:03 pm
Still taking applications.
DrFlight
04/15/2015 9:45 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Skinner
Name: Ben
Time zone: pacific
Email: drmrtheben@gmail.com
Skype Address: drflight33
Level in School (if in school): not applicable
Years of Minecraft Played:3
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I was captain of my high school basketball team. I was also in student council and link crew in high school. My greatest leadership role was ASB president my senior year.
Previous Experience working with others: Like I said I played high school basketball but I also played high school football as well. I like working with others on projects and I would say that I get along with genrally everyone.
Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: I have been playing on the safehaven gaming network for about 2 years now. It is a great community and it is how I would like my community.
Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one):Well I started up my own server a few years ago however I didn't receive any donations and I couldn't afford to keep it running because I was still in high school. I was also an admin on the golden gaming network until a recent change in ownership.
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): -seen above-
Previous Experience with plugins: I don't use plugins very well, my brother was the one who set up all the plugins for me on our last server.
Previous Experience with computer science: I am always on my computer. I use my computer for almost everything.
Previous Experience with advertising: Advertising is pretty easy to me. I know 4 good websites that I can put the server on immediately. From there I will recruit players and friends to join the server. Every time they vote for the server they will receive server rewards. Thus if players vote for the server it will go to the top of the list and the server will become popular.
In a Paragraph describe yourself: I am very mature. I love playing minecraft. The whole reason I would like to have a server is so that I can set up an environment where players like me have a place to play that is fun and enjoyable. I don't want a server that is blowing up with chat and nonsense. I want to make a server where players get on and they play minecraft. I want to make a server where players who are able to donate will want to come on and play every day. I want to build an adult community of minecraft players.
In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: well staff members who choose not to follow the rules will be removed immediately. However that will not be the case because I already have a group of players that I can recruit and be a part of my server staff.

Thank you for your time
-Ben
RunRampant
04/15/2015 9:03 pm
laxerbrohanName: Sellers Crisp
Time zone: ETC (US & Canada)
Email: sellerscrisp3@gmail.com
Skype Address: sellers.c
Level in School (if in school): I am in high school.
Years of Minecraft Played: I have played for almost four years now.
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I am unsure whether this is referring to minecraft or activities out of the game. I am the captain of my varsity lacrosse team. I also own a hosting company myself (http://www.hostspade.com: the website is down because I have to reverify the nameservers, a very long and tedious process). I was also the president of a "Future Business Leaders of America" after school club that I took part in.
Previous Experience working with others: The previous question is a good response to this one.
Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: I have owned one successful server p, but also 2 unsuccessful servers. I have lots of experience with dedicated servers and the multicraft control panel. I can work with Linux based operating systems (server-wide).
Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): I have been Admins, helpers, and also moderators on a handful of servers in the past, but gave up because I realized I could run my own.
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): Due to my great knowledge of running servers,
Previous Experience with plugins: Plugins love me, I love plugins. Not much more is needed.
Previous Experience with computer science: I take developing classes now. I know a great deal of html and css. In the classes that I'm taking I am learning Java, so I will soon be able to develop plugins and such.
Previous Experience with advertising: I was contracted by a hosting company about 6 months ago to do marketing and advertising for their company. I increased sales by 36%. The company was scamming people so I left and decided to start my own.
In a Paragraph describe yourself: I am intelligent, modest, and a very fair person. I believe in social equality and giving second chances when one deserves it. But, to contradict what I just said, I like to get stuff done. I don't screw around and do whatever is necessary to succeed, almost regardless of the situation. I also heavily believe in law and order.
In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: as I have said before, I don't screw around. If it a player was banned I would immediately insure it was not personal. If he/she was banned due to personal matters of the banner (helper, admin, moderator), I would ensure that it was personal and unban the player. I would also give the staff member a temporary de-staffing for a maximum of one day. This is just one example. If you need more, please contact me via Skype.

Thanks i advance, Michael!

--
Sellers Crisp

Sir, please check your Skype. If that is not the correct one please inform me. (Also just FYI to anyone looking at this, this doesn't mean he has the job)
UnseenHumane
04/15/2015 6:10 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Name: Ronald

Time zone: Australia

Email: CopsTarget@gmail.com

Skype Address: darkpvp2

Level in School (if in school): I don't understand the question.

Years of Minecraft Played: Roughly 3 years.

Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I have recently owned a server and been Moderator on a large server with a player-base of around 200 players.

Previous Experience working with others: I have worked with many people, different ages & different cultures, but regardless of race, color etc, I work well with people.

Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: I used to own a server as I said up top which went quite well, received a fair amount of donations but then we unfortunately hubbed with someone who took over the server. I had a well-organized staff team that were active and contributed a lot to the server.

Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): I have lots skills and experiences of being a staff member, the only time I was demoted was when I resigned.

Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): I owned a server and as many people have stated I was a kind, welcoming and dedicated player. I was on daily and helped the players and none of their struggles lingered.

Previous Experience with plugins: I can handle lots of issues with a plugin and sometimes if an issue goes way out of hand, then I contact the developer of the plugin and report the issue. I am familiar with the commands for most plugins and still learning a lot.

Previous Experience with computer science: Not really sure what that is, i'm assuming it's about computer experience and if that is the case, I have a fair amount of experience with technology and I can use that experience to contribute to the server.

Previous Experience with advertising: I own a youtube channel which isn't really that popular but it has a few viewers. I am not the kind of owner to go on another server and start spamming the servers IP as that would be very unprofessional and it would make the server look nooby. I would make a thread about this wonderful server on planetminecraft and other large minecraft websites.

In a Paragraph describe yourself: The first thing I would have to mention is my generosity, independence and always smiling. I would describe my self as always trying to conclude with everyone being jubilant and I apprehend that I, individually can not come to an end with everyone being happy. If you ask and of my friends to describe me, the first word they would probably use is strange, funny or nice. I am a friendly guy and do not discriminate anyone unless it is in my defense. I tend to give people chances and unfortunately people abuse that.

In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members:
The first staff members I would promote are very close friends that I trust, I'm not saying I promote literally all my friends and let them abuse, regardless of who the staff member is, they will be punished for their actions. My players are like jewels to me, I will not sit around and watch as my unruly staff member(s) abuse their power and ruin the game play of the players that just joined to be entertained. An instant demotion might be the consequence but I am a forgiving member so I might give chances depending on what the staff member did.
UnseenHumane
04/16/2015 5:14 am
Guess I didn't make it.
RunRampant
04/16/2015 3:37 pm
No one is out of the question. We re-look at application numerous times before deciding. If you are contacted that only means we have further more complicated questions to ask.
mecho_the_mighty
04/15/2015 3:22 am
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Name: Dan Palaguta-iles
Time zone:GMT
Email:danielpalaguta@gmail.com
Skype Address: mechodanielp (I am not a consistent user of skype)
Level in School (if in school):Uni
Years of Minecraft Played:3 and a half years
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: it may sound slightly of topic however i play national rugby for south england and i was recently made captain dew to my leader ship skills.
Previous Experience working with others:^^^^^^
Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers:I set up server to help people for fun.
Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one):Once was a server owner of spartancraft however as many sob storys my trust was abused and my server was destroyed .
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one):^^^
Previous Experience with plugins:I am not one to lie i am not great with plugins
Previous Experience with computer science: i am studying Astro Physics and Computer science at bath uni.
Previous Experience with advertising:Not much. However i am extremely sure i could find some one.
In a Paragraph describe yourself:iam multi multilingual i can speak spanish a bit of finish, french and russian also i am extremely hard working the following will tell you what i will or could do to prove that i am hard working. I will provide players any assistance they may need, and generally aid any player in any way they require in a polite, respectful and accelerated manner. Finally I would like to help relieve some of the stress of the other staff members by being active and helping consistently.
I could bring my commitment, I would try me very hardest to provide players with informative and helpful answers to all their queries, I would do this frequently to make sure all players have an enjoyable experience.
- Also because of my previous experience I have a great understanding of appropriate sanctions and the best means to deter rule breakers, by simply making fair unbiased decisions. Also I have high amounts of time and patients, which I think would be essential when helping players come to grips with rules and any problems . Also i am extremly organised I have already implermentad in my head what i shall and shall not be doing to the server.
In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: Demotion then if consistently abusing rules then banned

I may not be the most expirencied in some areas however if you pick me you will not regret it.

Thank you for your time

~Dan
RunRampant
04/15/2015 9:09 pm
Sir, check your Skype.
laxerbrohan
04/14/2015 10:24 pm
Name: Sellers Crisp
Time zone: ETC (US & Canada)
Email: sellerscrisp3@gmail.com
Skype Address: sellers.c
Level in School (if in school): I am in high school.
Years of Minecraft Played: I have played for almost four years now.
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I am unsure whether this is referring to minecraft or activities out of the game. I am the captain of my varsity lacrosse team. I also own a hosting company myself (www.hostspade.com: the website is down because I have to reverify the nameservers, a very long and tedious process). I was also the president of a "Future Business Leaders of America" after school club that I took part in.
Previous Experience working with others: The previous question is a good response to this one.
Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: I have owned one successful server p, but also 2 unsuccessful servers. I have lots of experience with dedicated servers and the multicraft control panel. I can work with Linux based operating systems (server-wide).
Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): I have been Admins, helpers, and also moderators on a handful of servers in the past, but gave up because I realized I could run my own.
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): Due to my great knowledge of running servers,
Previous Experience with plugins: Plugins love me, I love plugins. Not much more is needed.
Previous Experience with computer science: I take developing classes now. I know a great deal of html and css. In the classes that I'm taking I am learning Java, so I will soon be able to develop plugins and such.
Previous Experience with advertising: I was contracted by a hosting company about 6 months ago to do marketing and advertising for their company. I increased sales by 36%. The company was scamming people so I left and decided to start my own.
In a Paragraph describe yourself: I am intelligent, modest, and a very fair person. I believe in social equality and giving second chances when one deserves it. But, to contradict what I just said, I like to get stuff done. I don't screw around and do whatever is necessary to succeed, almost regardless of the situation. I also heavily believe in law and order.
In a Paragraph Describe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: as I have said before, I don't screw around. If it a player was banned I would immediately insure it was not personal. If he/she was banned due to personal matters of the banner (helper, admin, moderator), I would ensure that it was personal and unban the player. I would also give the staff member a temporary de-staffing for a maximum of one day. This is just one example. If you need more, please contact me via Skype.

Thanks i advance, Michael!

--
Sellers Crisp
TheZexyAdam
04/14/2015 9:29 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
Name:Adam
Time zone: GMT
Email: TheZexyFox@gmail.com
Skype Address: Adammck98
Level in School (if in school): College
Years of Minecraft Played: 4
Previous Experience in Leadership Roles: I have owned 2 server before!
Previous Experience working with others: I have worked with 3 other server owners before.
Previous Experience working with Minecraft Servers: As I stated I've owned 2 server before!
Previous Experience as a Minecraft Server staff member (if you were one): Owners,Admins and helper!
Previous Experience as a Server Owner (if you were one): The server was Infimax
Previous Experience with plugins: I don't do a lot of plugin work. My dev does
Previous Experience with computer science: I know the basics of computing science!
Previous Experience with advertising: Again I have a person for this!
In a Paragraph describe yourself: I'm 16, I was born in Scotland, I first made a server back in 2012. Back then I was little and inexperienced. It shut down after 5 month! in 2013/2014 I was asigned the tak in running a server, The server got around 10+ people everyday with at least 70% coming back!
In a Paragraph Desc ribe how you would or have handle unruly staff members: First time they break a rule, I give them a warning. The second time, I derank them until they can be trusted again. Third time is an over all derank.
RunRampant
04/14/2015 9:45 pm
Sir, be specific. What servers are you talking about?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome