Nostalgiacraft - A Beta 1.7.3 server [Factions]

ExecutiveProton's Avatar ExecutiveProton10/17/14 6:01 pm
1 emeralds 229 1
10/18/2014 11:57 am
RoboShadow's Avatar RoboShadow
I've been looking at Minecraft in a different light lately.
Servers nowadays lack freedom and creativity. I had flashbacks to the times back in Beta where I spent hours building unique structures etc. No hunger. NO enchantments. It was simple. Things were fair. It was more based on community. I wanted to go back to that time, so I played singleplayer beta, but it lacked the social aspect and and community. I could play a private server with friends.. Then I thought.... Why not bring something 'new' to the table.

Some of you may remember that I made a topic regarding interest in a Beta 1.7.3 server and I got an overwhelming response. Thanks! You can view that topic here:
interest-public-minecraft-beta-server-t437745.html

IP: play.mcbeta.cf

This server is running Craftbukkit b1.7.3 (Which I had backed up from back in the day <3), with only factions and an assortment of admin plugins enabled. So, it really is just like the old days!

The server is hosted in the UK, and the specs are quite bad, but it's the best I can do, since I have no income. I don't recommend that you donate, because I don't like accepting donations at all, I'm not comfortable with it, though if I really really need to, I might have to accept them, though donors won't get any great perks other than a nametag, because I don't believe in giving free stuff to donors etc.

I the forefront of this server is freedom. You can do anything, within reason, just use common sense, and you won't get banned.

Also, this server is cracked, though it has AuthMe. This is because of differing login systems between now and 2011.

How to downgrade to Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
1)
Create a new profile in your launcher.

2)
Name the profile whatever you want, I recommend 'Beta 1.7.3' or something to that effect.
Check the box that says 'Allow use of old 'beta' Minecraft versions (from 2010-2011).
Navigate using the drop-down menu to 'old_beta b1.7.3'

3) Click play!

Thanks, Proton.

ExecutiveProton
Level 1 : New Explorer