The Athena Server - 24/7 PS3 Server, Full Economy & More

Hive_Mind's Avatar Hive_Mind5/9/16 10:09 pm
1 emeralds 4.5k 33
4/20/2017 1:31 am
EnderGaming11823's Avatar EnderGaming11823
Please read "How to Join" before posting.
We are currently accepting new members!

Server Trailer:
Important Note: The server is now much more developed than it was in this video, but I can't make a newer video since it won't upload to PS4 properly. Also, realize PS4 has longer render distance & generally better graphics than PS3.

What Does the Athena Server Offer?
•24/7 Server, Save Data backed up frequently on a Computer & USB
•Active moderators to prevent any griefing or theft, but moderators are also friendly, helpful, & not "powertripping mods"
•Huge city with functional purposes (No empty / useless buildings)
•Full Economy System. Players can open a shop and exchange types of currency at the Bank.
•Pig Cars (Not just minecarts - they travel at high speed on rails, but can also travel slowly off rails)
•Two directional flying machines - one flies halfway across the map, one flies roughly all the way across the map.

Reviews by Players:
Click to reveal
"The [Athena] server, is the best and most fun server out there. Everyone is friendly and its the closest thing you'll get to a actually pc server! Love it, 10/10, 5 stars." - kiD_Skillz01 (PSN)

Detailed Server Description:
Click to reveal
The City of Athens (technically the third City of Athens) is the primary map hosted on the Athena Server. Hosted on PS3, it's a Community Server with a full Economy: players may earn money, complete jobs, hire other players for jobs, open shops, etc.

Structures may be built on Creative, but most supplies must be gathered on Survival. The motto for the City of Athens is "Better Living through Redstone," as we try to improve all aspects of the Survival Experience using Redstone.

We also have an excellent community of active players, many who have been on this server for over a year. Our moderators are active at banning those who break the rules, but they're also friendly - we don't do "powertripping moderators" on this server. The rules are what you'd expect from any Community - don't grief, don't steal, don't kill, don't trespass, etc.

The map itself has a wide variety of biomes - ice spikes, flower plains, mega taiga, and more - with a minimal amount of Ocean Biome. The city is large already, and expands 'organically' as more homes, businesses, and other buildings need to be built.

Besides the City of Athens (also known as Athena Mainlands), we also host "Add-on Servers." Currently, these include the Mesa / Desert / heat based "Athena Badlands" and the Snow / Ice / cold based "Athena Northlands." Add-on servers have different rules than the main server, more closely resembling Faction servers: each map has a "Safe Zone," and outside of that "Safe Zone," no laws are enforced. Most items from Add-on Servers can be shipped to the Mainlands, but items from the Mainlands cannot be shipped to Add-on Servers.

!HOW TO JOIN!
READ BEFORE POSTING
Click to reveal
There are 2 ways to join the server: Creative Approved and Creative Unapproved. The only difference is, if you're approved, you can use Creative Mode to build your home.

Creative Approved: Approved players may use Creative Mode to build their homes.
•Send me a picture of a build you built yourself. I do check google for images that don't look original.
•Cell phone pictures are fine as long as I can tell what I'm looking at
•If the build is good enough (I'm not extremely critical, just don't want any very basic box homes, dirt shacks, etc), I will send you details on how to join the server,
OR Invite me to join a map on PS3 to see one of your builds with my own eyes. I really prefer if you just send me pictures, but if you can't (no camera / phone / etc), I will join. Message me for details.
Creative Unapproved: Unapproved players may build a home or move in to a prebuilt home, but may not use Creative. We have Hotel Rooms / Apartments available for free, as well as other prebuilt homes and structures. Your home may be built near the city or elsewhere.

Either way, comment and say "I have read the rules and agree to them," and then include anything else necessary (like "Here are pictures of my build" or "I want to move into a Hotel.") Once you're accepted, I'll send you directions on how to join.

Rules
We have plenty of players; we have no need to take risks with griefers or thieves. All bans are permanent and non-reversible. Less serious crimes will be met with less serious punishments (like being imprisoned in The End for a while).
Rules for Athena Mainlands (Main Map)
Click to reveal
•No Theft: Don't steal, for any reason. Immediate Ban
•No Unwarranted PVP: Don't kill other players outside the PVP arena without good reason (hitting you but not killing you, stealing, following you after you've asked them not to, etc). If you've both agreed to fight outside the PVP arena, that is perfectly fine, but a mod will probably check to make sure. Immediate Ban if completely uncalled for. Suspension under some circumstances.
•No Griefing: Don't grief; Mob Griefing is disabled, so I will know for sure it was a player. This includes other players' pets or other animals. I have a log of who is in the server so it's easy for me to catch griefers, and it's backed up 2-3 times a day so griefing won't do any significant damage anyway. Immediate Ban.
•No Creative-mode Supplies / Illegal Goods: When you build a house in creative mode, you can only include things that physically sit inside your house. Think of it like this: you're allowed to fill your entire house with cakes on the floor if you want, but you are not allowed to fill a chest with cakes. No weapons, wood, food, or any other supplies can be stocked up on in Creative. 5 Day suspension. Ban if repeated.
•No Creative Builds Far from City: This rule has many exceptions, for many reasons, and is one of the least-enforced rules on this server. But for the most part, all builds outside of the City Limits must be done in Survival. This includes altering the landscape, such as flattening an area. This is to keep the wilderness wild. Warning. Suspension or possible ban if warning is ignored.
•No Trespassing: If you enter a property which has a "No Trespassing," "No Entry," "Restricted Access," etc. sign clearly posted, you may be killed by that home's owner as well as kicked by a moderator. Suspension until server is restarted. (1 day or less)
•Copyright Law: Don't clone books written by other people. Fine equal to the price of the cloned books, or 1 day imprisoned in the End for every 1 Diamond's worth of books cloned.
•Limit Pets: Due to the high number of people on this server, try to have as few pets as possible. This will allow more wild mobs to spawn. The official limit is 1 of each type of animal, or 4 of 1 type. This includes villagers.
•Limit Item Frames & Paintings: The last server hit the limit for these, so just try to limit your use of them in your builds.
•Don't Hoard, Prevent Lag: Try to throw away your excess items, especially loads of cobblestone, in Recycling Cans or incinerators. This reduces lag.
•General Rules: TNT Explodes: Disabled; Fire Spreads: Disabled; Keep Inventory: Disabled
•Other Creative Mode Rules: No Diamond, Gold, or Emerald blocks. Do not build inside of floating wool boundaries; these are claimed boundaries. You can claim your own land the same way. Include a sign with your PSN.

Rules for Add-on Maps (Badlands, Northlands):
Click to reveal
•Do not kill, grief, or steal in the Safe Zone / Capitol City
•Do not trespass in homes in the Capitol City of Athena Northlands which have "No Trespassing" signs.
•Besides that, there are No Rules in Add-on servers! Be a raider, or be a friendly face. Burn the home, or help them build it - it's all up to you.

Q&A / FAQ:
Click to reveal
Q: How do I submit images?
A: You can send the image to me in a private message, embed it in a comment by clicking "IMG" in the comment box, or emailing your image(s) to athenshost@gmail.com. If you choose to email, let me know, or I probably will not see your image for a while.

Q: Do I need to know how to use Redstone to join?
A: No, I'm happy to install any Redstone features in your home or other builds. I also build most Automated Shops for players myself.

Q: Can I join without submitting an image?
A: Yes, but you will not be allowed to use Creative Mode. See "HOW TO JOIN" section for more details.

Q: How can I support the server?
A: The easiest way to support this server is to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and like / watch my videos. You can also support the server by putting one of our Banners in your Signature. I appreciate any support in any form!

Click this link to see Server Banners & pictures from the previous server.

It's an excellent server with a great community and a lot to do. I hope to see many of you guys on there soon.
Hive_Mind
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer