The River Styx Factions WIP| Staff needed!

Styxxien's Avatar Styxxien2/21/16 5:19 pm
2/23/2016 5:32 pm
Styxxien's Avatar Styxxien
Hello! We at the River Styx are looking for all staff positions, with the exception of Co-Owner and Dev. We aim to be a smallish faction server that can provide a nice community and staff. We are, of course, still in development. Here's the format:

Name:
IGN:
Skype (Working mic not needed):
Staff Position:
Maturity out of 10:
Why you want to be staff:
Why you are suited for this rank:
Any previous experience:
Other ways of contact (Optional):
Anything you'd like to add:
Timezone:

----
Rank Specific Questions
-----

Builder:

What style you prefer:
Pictures of previous builds/creations:

Helper+:

Scenarios:
A player is spamming. What do you do?
The same player has continued to spam after what you've done has lost its effect. What now?
A player is trolling and griefing. What do you do?
A player is being rude to any other player (Includes staff.) What do you do?

---
Thanks for reading, and good luck to all! I will contact you on skype once you are accepted.
- Lupuskleptus
Styxxien
Level 3 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/23/2016 5:32 pm
Styxxien
Bump.
02/22/2016 7:05 pm
Styxxien
Hey, here we are again!
So, first up, Tahmid. You're in as a trial mod; your app could have been a bit more detailed.
Tdonny, can you please make an application that follows the layout, without copy pasting? Also, the personal stuff wasn't necessary.
And last but not least- CheeseKurtz, fantastic! You're in as admin. I will contact both of you shortly via skype.

Also.
Bump.
02/22/2016 7:08 am
Styxxien
Alright guys, we're going through all new apps now; you should know whether you're in by this afternoon.
02/21/2016 6:08 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Turtle
Tdonny
ember Name Tdonny

Additional In Game Names: Tdonny

How old are you? 15

How many hours per day do you play Minecraft? (weekdays) 3-5

How many hours per day do you play Minecraft? (weekends) 6-10

Introduction: Well, my name in the real world is Ty. I'm from Boise and I live with my family. I just started Freshman year of High School AT a new school, and It's going pretty well considering I do most of my homework during Lunch Period. I have enrolled in the computer programming elective at my school, and I find it quite enjoyable. I am already very experienced with the computer as I've been playing for seven years, so often times I'm helping my peers learn how to code. Playing minecraft is not the only hobby that I have, although its arguably my favorite. I also play a lot of football. I play it casually with my friends in the park, but I also play in a league. Last year my team made it very close to the super bowl, but in the end we lost. We are all practicing to see a better outcome next year.

Why you should be Admin? Throughout my time as a player, I have grown to be both a very experienced and confident staff member. Many of the situations I encounter on a daily basis require the use of the staff-teams tracking plugin, prism. I have become very familiar with this plugin due to it's high necessity. I have also become excelled at handling situations involving conflicts between players. Often times, I decide to talk one player out of arguing before I confront the other. This makes calming the argument much easier, as I do not have to get into the middle of the player's actually fighting. After settling the one player, the argument usually dissipates. I then warn both parties, and they usually make up. In theft cases, I try to talk players into resolving the situation diplomatically. Instead of just banning the player, I first ask the player if he would like to see if his items can be returned. Often times, players take a liking to the idea of this and it results in a lot less players being banned while people are kept content.

What are your weaknesses? I can be stubborn. In situations that I do not know exactly how to handle I will try to figure it out on my own. This works out for me, but it does limit the efficiency at which I work, which is something I need to fix. I also speak with too much haste. I often will write a few sentences answering a question, and I will have to rephrase as what I said was unclear. This is also something I feel I need to work on.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know: When I used to run a server of my own, many of the same elements of performing as a staff member were present. Ranging from checking logs to resolving conflicts.

I have owned many servers and they have failed to mature due to lack of time, but now that i'm free I cant wait to get back into MC!
02/21/2016 6:05 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
CheeseKurtz
Name: Nicholas L.

IGN: MrFlyinPiggy673

Skype (Working mic not needed): SpaceDinosaurRawr

Staff Position: Moderator +

Maturity out of 10: 8

Why you want to be staff: Helping out servers has been something I've always loved to do. You know? Watching as the server develops into something, not only players, but the staff loves and enjoys. I want to become a helping hand for this server, staff, and of course, the players. As stated before, it is something I absolutely love to do. This server seems very promising, in my eyes, and I am sure, with the help of many others, we can make this server a great one. What do I mean by great? I mean a server where players can enjoy and come on every single day and praise the great work of staff.

Why you are suited for this rank: I know I may not be the most mature person on this planet, but I do happen to take my work very seriously. I can bring a very optimistic and safe environment, not only to the server, but to staff members. My attitude is something that can very much help this server as well as my leadership.

Any previous experience: Yes, I have indeed worked in other servers as Moderator and higher.

Other ways of contact (Optional): I am very active on Skype, so other contact methods are not needed.

Anything you'd like to add: Thank you for considering me for the position of Moderator +. I can only hope that I get selected to help you and this wonderful server out. Thank you once again for giving me this opportunity.

Timezone: EST
02/21/2016 5:44 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
BlazerPvPer
Name: Tahmid
IGN: Blazer_PvPer (no past IGN's)
Skype (Working mic not needed): tahmid.r1
Staff Position: Dev/Admin, Mod, Admin or Dev
Maturity out of 10: Honestly 8.3/10 (decimal always)
Why you want to be staff: I want to be staff because I want to help improve the server, as you obviously needed staff for help, I also want to help because I get bored of mc these days, so I just want to help you guys out!
Why you are suited for this rank: I can mostly be on for 6-7 hours a day, I can create custom plugins for you soon, I can handle most players with niceness, and I will be available most of the times.
Any previous experience: I used to own a server before, was Admin on 2 servers and Dev on 3 servers, these servers are sadly now offline.
Other ways of contact (Optional):
Anything you'd like to add: Hope I get Accepted ! And Congratulations On Buying You Server!
Timezone: UTC/GMT -5:00 or EasternTimezone Canada,Hamilton,ON (ontario)
02/21/2016 5:34 pm
Styxxien
Dino, you're in as Mod. I've spoken to the others and they agree that you should be Sr.Mod, but we haven't got that set up yet. If you prove yourself and help out often, there's a high chance you'll be able to get promoted within the next few days
02/21/2016 5:39 pm
DinoTheDino
Awesome!
02/21/2016 5:41 pm
Styxxien
Hmm, what's your username? RareSanic only brings up somebody in what appears to be Romania, unless that's you.
02/21/2016 5:42 pm
DinoTheDino
If you're talking about skype its fungiog21
If you'r talking about my minecraft name its RareSanic
02/21/2016 5:28 pm
DinoTheDino
Name: Diego Espana
IGN: RareSanic
Skype (Working mic not needed): fungiog21
Staff Position: (I hope to get) Administrator
Maturity out of 10: 8
Why you want to be staff: So I can help the community and players in the server, i hope to bring this server to higher expectations than the owner wants by helping him or anyone else
Why you are suited for this rank: Because as admin you get to be heard more, you get to help more in the servers community (as in taking down hackers, x-ray users, spammers and more)
Any previous experience:Yes, only mod and admin but I have learned a lot from those experiences
Other ways of contact (Optional):Nope skype is fine
Anything you'd like to add:Nothing different than what is covered here
Timezone: Mountain time USA
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome