Want to start a multiserver Minecraft community, need advice

RandomAcid's Avatar RandomAcid2/27/12 1:55 am
1 emeralds 42
I was thinking about starting a group of servers, (yes group. As in 3-4 servers), and I was wondering what kind of servers do people like to play on?

I wanted to start up one creative/freebuild server, one PVP/SMP server, one modded server running Buildcraft, Industrialcraft, Redpower, and Equivelant Exchange(And possibly the Forestry mod), and possibly a small post-apocalyptic themed, hardcore, anarchy server, where you would be banned for a day or three upon death(possibly with the factions plug-in, for people who
Click to reveal
actually have friends, jk.

I was also planning on getting Mumble for all of them, because having to type everything sucks and setting up a forum/site so a real-deal community can grow. As a part of this, I would be totally open to suggestions about plug-ins and things from said community, kind of a "for the players, by the players" kind of thing.

How do you guys feel about donator benefits? I was planning on making some regular player groups/ranks, and some for those generous souls who wanted to throw in a little cash per month to help the server grow. I don't want to do anything like out-right give people OP or admin though, because I've seen how that kind of situation can lead to "ABOOSE!" I myself was on one such server, and a "pay-to-OP" player didn't understand the server's rules, and as a result, catastrophically griefed me because he though I myself was griefing.

I'm open to all suggestions and opinions, all feedback is good feedback here, guys
RandomAcid
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage