Windows 7 32-bit to 64-bit issues.

UnluckyStorm's Avatar UnluckyStorm2/9/12 4:09 pm
2/11/2012 6:03 pm
UnluckyStorm's Avatar UnluckyStorm
Hey there,

I'd love some help here,
I recently switched over from 32 bit Windows 7 to 64 bit, initially, before the switchover, I had a server that worked just fine for myself and whoever else joined. I could update it no problem, let the server change the version and all that regular stuff. My ports are forwarded, too. I did that ages ago.

I loved having a server that I could just fall back on, something to play on and do Lets Plays and such, it was mighty convenient! Now, for some odd reason, nobody can connect to my server anymore. It's really bizarre.
And the only reason I can think of is that I'm running 64 bit, and that is causing an issue somewhere?

The firewall has everything set to "Allow", the only other problem is that my server tells me "Can't keep up. Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?"

It's really annoying, I'd love help.
Help me [Your Name Here]! You're my only hope!
UnluckyStorm
Level 27 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/11/2012 6:03 pm
UnluckyStorm
I may have just figured out the problem.
I recently had a new device configured for my network,
Originally, my PC had the designated personal IP of: 192.168.1.3,

I saw on the settings that my PC is now designated as 192.168.1.4 and the new device is 192.168.1.3.

That sounds like the cause?

I was right! It wasn't the change of Operating System, from x86 to x64. It was the addition of a new device! YEAH! WOO! I wish I could give myself a +10 for this!
02/11/2012 5:31 pm
UnluckyStorm
Ok,
So I just tried a few things.
I got 2 people to attempt to connect when I did, initially:

Switch off my router's firewall,

This didn't do anything.
I then turned on DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) for my PCs personal IP. Tried to get these 2 people to connect, and nothing happened.

Would it be the fact that I'm using 64-bit Java, and they're not? I obviously need it to run things smoothly. Then again, I could try the 32-bit, and see what happens.
But surely, Java is relevant to the client and the client only?

I don't think my server requires people to have 64-bit Java when they connect, that'd be absurd.
Further help is necessary..
02/11/2012 4:55 pm
UnluckyStorm
Bump.
02/11/2012 11:32 am
UnluckyStorm
Bump.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024