Need laptop

RealSilk's Avatar RealSilk5/24/15 1:27 am
5/25/2015 12:20 am
Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere
Hey I need a laptop that i will be gaming on. Notice I said Laptop, which means I dont want to build a desktop, and i dont want a pre made desktop. I want a laptop.

So, I currently have a lenovo laptop worth about 2 grand, but it's really not a gaming laptop, and it's just not good for gaming.

I have been looking for alienware laptops, but everyone says they're junk, and there fan is loud. I don't mind if the fan is kind of loud, but yea.

What is this computer going to be used for?
FPS games
budget
2k CAD.
Where do you live? If in the US, do you have a nearby Microcenter?
Canada.
What is included in the budget?
A laptop
Will you be overclocking?
no.
Will you be reusing any parts?
no
What OS do you want?
windows 8
Any specific case preferences?
no
Any other special features that you want in the build?
Needs to be a laptop, UNDER 6 POUNDS, and thats it
RealSilk
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/25/2015 12:20 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Geesh, you guys lobby hard for desktops.

Figure out what brand you want, and then find the most gaming equipped set-up they have. That's really all there is to it. With the limited choices available, I'd say go for what you know and enjoy. Lenovo has a nice Y-series that I've seen multiple friends buy, and it's been just fine for them in anything they want to run.
05/25/2015 12:14 am
Level 24 : Expert Engineer
CubicAero
First of all, please do not get an alienware. Their desktops are outright daylight robbery and their laptops are not that much better too. Razer laptops have the same problem too.

Second, ask yourself: do you really need a gaming laptop? For that amount of money you can build a top of the line desktop and a lean, mean laptop for everyday use. You are paying a lot more money per performance for laptops because of the size limitation.

If you are really dead set on a laptop, I have a few recommendations for you:

http://www.amazon.com/i7-4720HQ-nVIDIA- ... s=gtx+980m

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-P35Xv3-i ... s=gtx+980m

The first one is from clevo, and the second one is made by gigabyte. Both are reputable companies. Both come with a gtx 980 which is equivalent to a desktop gtx 770 which performs similarly to a r9 280x. With this card maxxing out 1080p games should not be a problem.

This one is good too

http://www.amazon.ca/MSI-GT70-2QD-2292U ... s=gtx+970m
05/24/2015 11:23 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
TylanderGD47
Killertoad
tywilburn16
CheesyRiceJust gonna ask before all the people come in mad about this, why do you need a laptop? If you just plan to use it around the house a desktop (even a really small one) will be cheaper and run games better. If you just don't want to build a desktop, that is understandable as well.

Maybe like me he has to travel alot and doesnt want to haul that big box and a screen around.

You know desktops can be the size of a xbox and the screen isn't that big of a hassle, you can just plug it up to a TV. And with the money you save, you can invest in a laptop for what ever else you need (like in a car for the web or for school).

There really isn't a reason to buy a gaming laptop vs a desktop and a laptop. You pay around 500-1000 just for the word "gaming", or for the brand name.

its still nice to have the tower, KB, and mouse in one thing, unless of corse the LT's screen is broken, like mine.
05/24/2015 10:55 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
tywilburn16
CheesyRiceJust gonna ask before all the people come in mad about this, why do you need a laptop? If you just plan to use it around the house a desktop (even a really small one) will be cheaper and run games better. If you just don't want to build a desktop, that is understandable as well.

Maybe like me he has to travel alot and doesnt want to haul that big box and a screen around.

You know desktops can be the size of a xbox and the screen isn't that big of a hassle, you can just plug it up to a TV. And with the money you save, you can invest in a laptop for what ever else you need (like in a car for the web or for school).

There really isn't a reason to buy a gaming laptop vs a desktop and a laptop. You pay around 500-1000 just for the word "gaming", or for the brand name.
05/24/2015 10:10 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
TylanderGD47

05/24/2015 8:20 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Taco
Rice
Just gonna ask before all the people come in mad about this, why do you need a laptop? If you just plan to use it around the house a desktop (even a really small one) will be cheaper and run games better. If you just don't want to build a desktop, that is understandable as well.

wow that form really doesn't work well for laptops
05/24/2015 8:01 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
RealSilk
Bump
05/24/2015 2:10 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
Their new fans aren't that loud,. and mine works great.
05/24/2015 2:04 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Miner
Mido_
Its True That AlienWare Fan Is Loud and they over hear very fast , i would recommend Razer Gaming Laptops ,
specially the Razer Blade Pro : http://www.razerzone.com/ca-en/store/razer-blade-pro
if you are looking for a cheaper one you can check the others
05/24/2015 2:01 am
Level 1 : New Miner
xSnDxPROx
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome