I need some quick help.

Jedi's Avatar Jedi9/19/14 12:30 pm
1 emeralds 422 8
9/19/2014 4:51 pm
InfamousArgyle's Avatar InfamousArgyle
Heyo! jedi here. I need some rather quick help with something. I need some suggestions on how to earn around $1.4k in a month and a half. It needs to be outside income, not money from my family. And no I can't get an allowance or do chores for money.

My computer is critically broken, and I need to replace it. It has a cracked case, a faulty CPU that's not compatible with windows XP SP3 (my windows XP is SP2 that means I can't run modern software), My GPU is loosing support on everything.

My computer might literally catch fire and or explode, since the case is cracked alot of dust is being sucked inside. The fans are loosing power, the CPU runs at 100°F. There is NO cooling on the GPU whatsoever, I'm worried the dust is going to ignite, hit the BIOS battery, and explode.

Here are some things I can do:
Write music, play piano, play guitar, code, make mods, make plugins, make a 2D game, wash a car.

So here are the things I can't do to make money:
Mow grass (extreme cut grass allergy)
Baby sit (parents won't let me)
Do online surveys ^
Walk dogs (for reasons u don't need to know)

I'm a little ways off from working a minimum wage job at a retail store.
Jedi
Level 29 : Expert Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/19/2014 4:51 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Spider Rider
InfamousArgyle
Quick fix - get some epoxy and gingerly apply to the cracks without pushing epoxy INTO the computer. Sand down to a smooth finish. you may want to spray out your computer with compressed air, too.
See if your sad CPU can run Ubuntu 12.10 or whatever version's current enough for you. There are a fair amount of decent programs for ubuntu.
And here's a cheap cooling pad for the time being:
http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Not ... 669&sr=1-1

I know this isn't what you want, but that's what I'd do if I couldn't get money very fast.
09/19/2014 4:35 pm
Level 1 : New Architect
mocaveman
So what have you got? Code wise. I have two servers, a 1.7.10 and a Van. 1.8
Might be interested. Always looking for a unique twist or feature for our communities.
09/19/2014 2:01 pm
Level 1 : New Architect
mocaveman
Come up with a 100 dollar code piece that 14 people want... Over simplified as that is, you said you Code. There has never been a shortage of Code needs in our world.
When you are not old enough for slave labor ( retail and most low paying jobs ) then you other option is self employment. Use the list you have above and get it weekly on your local Craigslist. Create a FIX for any problem on a computer or game and find the folks who will pay for the FIX.

Solicit code houses in your area. Web search for programmers needed and offer to fill the gap while they hire someone.

Check your local city website and see what sucks about it. Get the city administrator to give you 500 for a content revamp. ETC.

Write jingle music for local small business and sell for 50 bucks each.

Work with your parents or guardians on all the above.

What you shouldn't do, is listen to anyone who tells you, "You can't" Then go do it.
09/19/2014 3:17 pm
Jedi
This is a REALLY good idea! I'm looking around to sell some code of mine.
09/19/2014 1:55 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
Kahtahn
Making 1.4k a month without a job is impossible for your age, but I would take it from Hydraheads. Sell some stuff on ebay, but don't ask for change on the streets lol.
09/19/2014 1:42 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Hydraheads
Well, try selling some old junk, using adfly, and asking for spare change on the streets.

And get insurance next time! lol.

But I'm sorry to hear your computer broke.
09/19/2014 1:36 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Painter
BlackHawk185
You want to make 1.4k in a month without a job? That's impossible.
09/19/2014 1:21 pm
Jedi
bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome