Official PMC Server - Spawn "contest" build

babbajagga's Avatar babbajagga5/24/14 7:15 am
1 emeralds 573 4
8/11/2014 6:41 pm
babbajagga's Avatar babbajagga
Hello folks,

As we yesterday talked with Paril online about the server overall, there was a mention about it being possible, to come up with a server spawn build, which we may build then in game and then he may set it to a new server spawn (ofc. if it is good enough).
So instead of waiting for admin(s) and wasting their precious time we may take the initiative into our own hands and see what we are up to.
So here we go...

CONDITIONS THAT MUST BE MET:

1.) ONLY active players of the Official PMC server may take part in this "contest".
Any other participants will be excluded and ignored. If you are not playing on "our" server you can stop right here

2.) The spawn build must be SAFE. No monsters may spawn in the area, nor may invade it via walls by climbing (spiders) nor walk in via entrance(s) or holes (ie. baby zombies). It has to be correctly lit up and/or made out of blocks that prevent monster spawning (ie. glass, slabs, stairs, etc.) In case you come up with a design that will connect to the current spawn roads = it will replace the current spawn, then the entrances may be excluded from this requirement to be fully monster-proof.

3.) Must be buildable in pure Survival (vanilla) on the pmc server. Try to avoid using hard obtainable materials as main blocks (as decorations they will be accepted).

4.) Be creative, no primitivism will be accepted. Avoid using same material, etc.
The build should also fit into its surroundings.

5.) Lightweight = no lag creators, and/or heavy performance killing builds (incl. redstone contraptions, lava, flowing waters, fires, ton of entities - incl. item frames, paintings, etc.)

6.) Do not include things that kinda kill the purpose of Survival = no public enchanting rooms, or anvils, farms, or w/e...
Beacons are allowed as long they do not exceed extremely the borders of the build itself (= mainly only the spawn area may be affected). Again... keep in mind to use obtainable materials (forget the diamond blocks, etc.)

7.) Less is more = forget the extremely huge castle, mansion or any other huge construction like a city or w/e sort of maze.

8.) max size of the build may be 40x40 blocks

9.) location = keep in mind the connection to wilderness and other people.
You may come up with a preffered location where you would like to place the spawn (see the dynmap), but try avoiding to put in somewhere in a map corner or near its borders.

10.) You may not include a public project that you have done before this announcement.

11.) DEADLINE = 30. May 2014 = next Friday
After that the next 2 days (weekend) will be available for voting, discussion, w/e...
(The deadline and or the Voting time may be extended, depending on the contest status).
If there will be worthfull projects, but they will need simply more time to finish the deadline wont play a big role, as it will be worth waiting

WHAT TO DO? HOW CAN I PARTICIPATE WHEN I MEET THE CONDITIONS?
Build your design in Singleplayer ... feel free to use Creative Mode, or MCEdit, or WorldEdit, cheats, SPC mod, or w/e... as long the build will be re-builable in Survival on our server.
When you are satisfied with the result, make some representative screenshots, do a video about it if you wish, and post it here in this topic then. Include some written text about it if you mind it is needed with some basic informations.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN AFTER THAT?
We, the ones playing actively on the official pmc server will vote/rate the accepted builds. After at least 2 days (= provisionally 31. May 2014 - 1. June 2014) the voting will be closed and the build with most ratings will be chosen.
Day after that the build will be started on the server.
A spot will be chosen where to build as well and the area will be claimed, so no one may grief it.
Permissions will be given to all the participating builders. Anyone may help out with gathering materials, terraforming (if needed), and/or with building itself (if needed).
The "contest" author will have permission for the claim until it will be after finalizing claimed by Admin, so nobody else will after that point be able to make any changes to it, except him.

I HAVE GREAT IDEA! CAN I PARTICIPATE?
Have you been playing on the server at least for 1 week before this announcement?
If No is your answer, then I am sorry, but No, you cannot participate.

MAY I POST THIS PROJECT INTO MY ACCOUNT ON PMC AS A PROJECT?
Yes! Ofc. you can, but for it being accepted in this contest, you have to post it into this topic. No matter how many diamonds or favorites you get on it under your Account Submissions, the votes in this topic will matter only.

Have fun and hopefully we gonna see a new server spawn in a week or two

Sincerely
Babbajagga

*edit*
Oh, I did nearly forget:
Keep in mind that not everyone is using same resource pack, so post your creations in the Default Minecraft pack.

CURRENT ENTRIES
CliffJumper's
Click to reveal

Babbajagga
Click to reveal

Jaden024
Click to reveal

daboltr23
Click to reveal
babbajagga
Level 57 : Grandmaster Procrastinator