A Sad Year

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM4/6/23 1:09 pm
22 emeralds 364 24
5/30/2023 11:02 am
EarthySpruce's Avatar EarthySpruce
Well, it's pretty obvious that 2023 is off to a sad, depressing start. We've lost so many users, and if you want to see who, go look at LegendarySi's cemetery. Most recently, we lost one of the best, most amazing users this site has seen: TheCrypteral. (Pray for ShadowOnTheLoose!)

Now, personally, it's been really hard watching all of these people leave. However, I have a few things I use to cope: I turn to my writing and focus on that, I listen to music, and I just try to accept the fact that they're gone, no matter how hard it is.

However, we have to accept the fact that that's life, and I'm just gonna be honest about my thoughts on life: it sucks (at times). Life friggin' sucks sometimes, but we have to look past the sad parts of life and think about the good parts of it, which are things like friendship and love.

I also want you guys to know that I will never leave this site unless I absolutely need to, for two reasons: one, I love you guys too much to ever leave you, and two, this is the place I go when I need to vent about stuff, like the crazy things that go on at my school. <<cough cough>> Cailey, Kaylah, and Theo <<cough cough>> Talking to you guys always makes me feel better.

My point is, PMC 2023 is off to a sh*tty start, but it's going to get better, I promise. And if it doesn't, we have to think about the happy parts of this site.

I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts. This is literally just a bunch of things in my head that I tried to cobble together into several sentences.

Finally, I'm gonna tag people I want to see this:
LegendarySi
OrderOutOfChaos (when he gets back from his break)
ShadowOnTheLoose
GracieMockingjay
cloudkitty / crowedd
ghostoftheglade
Silabear
ClayMan1077

And no, I'm not depressed, if that's the vibe you're getting from this.

IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster

Create an account or sign in to comment.

EarthySpruce
04/08/2023 7:06 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Nerd
:( but also :)
TraoX_
04/08/2023 2:24 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
I'm sorry to hear that the start of 2023 has been tough for you and the PMC community. Losing members of any community is always difficult, but it's great that you have found ways to cope and continue to support each other. You're absolutely right that life can be difficult at times, but focusing on the good parts, like friendship and love, can help us get through those tough times. And it's wonderful that you have found a supportive community here on PMC. Remember that you are not alone and there are always people who care and are willing to listen. Keep writing and expressing yourself, and I hope things get better for you and the PMC community.
IGEBM
04/08/2023 2:27 pm
Yeah it's been a tricky time for all of us with all the people leaving

Luckily, we still have most of the users in this part of the community here.
TraoX_
04/08/2023 2:30 pm
It's good to have a supportive community during tough times. It's important to cherish the connections we have and support each other through the ups and downs. Remember, even though some users may have left, there are still many amazing people here on PMC. It's always possible to make new connections and friends as well.
GracieMockingjay
04/07/2023 10:17 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
yeah

it will get better :)
TheMountaineer
04/06/2023 9:26 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Mountaineer
Well.... all things must start with this for something new (Not saying anyone left was bad or anything lol) but through this is will hopefully help us and make everyone grow closer together...it always ends up having something bad happen to have good things come from it.

(Sorry....wasn't sure how to word it....sorry If I did it wrong....)
LegendarySi
04/06/2023 9:07 pm
Level 46 : Master Baconator
Yeah it's all a wreck. I have to face the death and coma of friends irl and friends leaving on here at the same time (tho it's obvious which is worse).
I just trust that God is sovereign over all of it, and all things are for his glory and our good... even if it's hard to see that right now.

Also I find it hard to be sad while listing to metal songs like Sad But True lol. Kind of a tough hype song, not a sad one (despite the name) XD
TraoX_
04/08/2023 2:25 pm
I'm sorry to hear about the difficult times you're facing both in real life and on this site. Coping with loss and change can be very challenging, but your perspective on trusting in God's sovereignty and that all things are for His glory and our good is a good one. It's also good to find ways to distract and uplift ourselves, such as listening to music.

Remember that you're not alone in this and that there are people here for you, both in real life and on this site. Don't hesitate to reach out to them for support and comfort.
LegendarySi
04/08/2023 3:46 pm
history
Yeah, very true. Thank you :)
IGEBM
04/06/2023 9:25 pm
history
It’s really hard to watch our friends go

As for SBT, mainly an opener for the other songs, which are more melancholy, like the Unforgiven Trilogy and Nothing Else Matters. One and The Day That Never comes start out sad and then go all metal on your ears.
LegendarySi
04/06/2023 9:27 pm
Yeah

and yeah I get it lol
IGEBM
04/06/2023 9:30 pm
Just thought of some Iron Maiden lyrics that fit the situation (from “The Man of Sorrows”):

As we look to see the man of sorrows
Passing knowledge to those who don't know
As we watch all our friends passing over
As they pass through the edges of time
And we see what's ahead that awaits us
That no longer do we feel afraid
So we look to see the man of sorrows
And the light is the darkness no more
LegendarySi
04/07/2023 9:55 am
If you put piano behind that and not metal, it would be a genuinely beautiful song
(not that it's not already great lol)
IGEBM
04/07/2023 10:35 am
Yeah TMoS is my least favorite song from The Book of Souls

The Val Andrade video (he's a Brazilian animator who makes unofficial music videos for Iron Maiden songs) for it is about Satan catching Eddie committing all 7 of the Deadly Sins

(That's not really related I'm just telling you)
Marshal GrossDemonStein
04/06/2023 2:33 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Necromancer
Depression is the inability to construct a future.
IGEBM
04/06/2023 2:52 pm
wot
ClayMan1077
04/06/2023 2:13 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Skinner
hopeful everything gets better, because now its just getting ridicules.
Commander_The_Fox
04/06/2023 1:58 pm
Level 27 : Expert Ninja
Oh am I allowed to see this?
Commander_The_Fox
04/06/2023 1:58 pm
Srry if im not supposed to :(
TheNewTK421
04/06/2023 1:59 pm
Level 28 : Expert Miner
It's a public thread. Anyone can see it.
Commander_The_Fox
04/06/2023 2:00 pm
oh srry i sounded so dumb XD
IGEBM
04/06/2023 2:04 pm
The list of people at the end are just people who I'm tagging because I want them to see it most

But anyone can see it
Commander_The_Fox
04/06/2023 2:06 pm
OHH
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome