About server votes...

Crysillion's Avatar Crysillion4/1/12 2:22 pm
1 emeralds 45
Hello, PMC. I have been using your website for quite a while now to try and gain popularity for my up and coming server. I have had high hopes for PMC because it's one of the only considerably popular websites where a small server can actually get some notice. I have had players leave comments and give me diamonds on my server listing to try and keep my server higher in the ranks to continue to attract more players.

All in all, the website has been good to me. That was until the change you guys made yesterday regarding voting.

I think this change has been very unfortunate for smaller servers such as myself. Like with Minestatus, if you don't have 50+ online to vote consistently, you will never get high enough to be noticed. PMC is now no different, where the little guy is squashed by bigger servers and now growing as a newer server is harder than ever with PMC no longer a viable option.

If I may do a quick rough comparison...

Before the change, whenever I updated my server (every 24hrs), I would get a little over 100~200 views that same day. Out of those, I would get 10~20 players, some would leave, some would stay - that's not the point. It was a very useful tool. However...

After the change, whenever I update my server (again, every 24hrs), I get less than 10 views in that day. I get so little because in fact updating the server no longer does anything of value now that the top voted-for servers are first page.

Now, as a new server, it is has become extremely difficult to gain popularity for now 3 / 3 of the main websites to get players have turned into big-server-only websites. It is greatly disappointing that PMC has decided to take this route and I was wondering if there may ever be possibility for change. I do not understand why PMC chose to take the route of voting when minestatus already covers that 100%.
Crysillion
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer