Community Building

PapaRhoq's Avatar PapaRhoq9/4/19 1:55 pm
2 emeralds 163 1
9/4/2019 4:11 pm
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
I'm still new here at PMC, but I've noticed some trends that bring up questions for me, regarding relationship-building within the PMC community.

PMC is doing a great job to encourage engagement. The skin contests, public projects and so forth... those are excellent at keeping contributions coming in. However, I wonder whether PMC has goals or plans to encourage person-to-persons community building at the level of comments and feedback, or at the level of mentorship between veteran content creators and those of lesser experience.

I hope this question comes across as sincere. PMC is already doing great at a lot of things, but I believe some additional support at the level of the small interpersonal connections would go a long way to sustain and support the community.

Is it possible there could be greater incentive to given comments or more points awarded when a comment is given an emerald? Can there be a little more discussion on the front page of the website about encouraging and providing critique, rather than just consuming the content?

Let me know your thoughts, particularly if you're a PMC leader of some kind, or if you are a content creator with a significant audience. I'm interested in your take. Perhaps you've already found ways to address these concerns in the community that I'm not aware of!

In any case, I'm glad to be here and looking forward to doing my part.

Cheers and Kind Regards,
PapaRhoq
PapaRhoq
Level 34 : Artisan Ranger