Computer Messed Up!! Help!!

EnderMiner77's Avatar EnderMiner778/29/14 6:08 pm
8/30/2014 9:34 pm
searchndstroy's Avatar searchndstroy
I have a 64 bit windows 7 pc and recently, after installing some software, became unable to open files, and I get a file system error. Later, I couldnt open cmd, getting a vague "application couldnt start". I tried opening safe mode, but have no idea how to, so i ended up spamming f8 on startup. Now it won't evenlet me get to the login screen, it just gets frozen on the welcome page. I am not very experienced with the new windows versions, so i have no idea what to do. Please help!
EnderMiner77
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/30/2014 9:34 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Something about a disk error?
HHD might have died on ya. (I know mine is, and things are getting pretty whacky)
08/30/2014 9:29 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut
I recommend booting off a Ubuntu disk and run palimpsest and do a SMART check.

If SMART detects no errors or you have issues in doing this, reply here. I'll keep this bookmarked for our convenience
08/29/2014 8:42 pm
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Exoh
Guys his computer is just dead in general now. It can't enter the bios it just freezes at the welcome screen. All I can say now is buy a windows disk or a new computer.
08/29/2014 8:28 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Jadon2001
Shove a potato into your floppy disk drive if you don't have a floopy disk drive your screwed

Ok realy what you gotta do is download a virus scanner if you can and then run it on the computer with a auto run flash drive or something then it will scan and you can get rid of them hopefuly it will work cant tell with out seeing it
08/29/2014 8:24 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Pyro
Supernova666
How to start in Safe Mode.
Once in Safe Mode do a clean boot:
  1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
  2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility. ...
  3. Click the Services tab, and then click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.

When doing this it might be worth removing the network cable. Well, that's what I would do.

Done that? Great. Now download and install AVG Free and Malwarebytes. Do scans, proper, through ones.

If you find stuff, awesome kill it with fire. If nothing is found, re-install windows and for the love of god, use proper anti-virus software.
08/29/2014 7:04 pm
Level 41 : Master Network
Mortifer
Press and hold F8 while your computer restarts to boot it in safe mode
08/29/2014 7:59 pm
EnderMiner77
I tried that. didn't work
08/29/2014 6:37 pm
EnderMiner77
David5886
minerguy31
Supernova666[quote="Kpop2pm" Get the windows disk and boot it up with that. Then reinstall windows. Also I'm assuming you either got ratted and someone deleted your files. Or your files were encrypted by a virus. Or you did something to mess it up.

Sounds like the best advise, in my opinion. Also, what anti-virus software are you using?/quote]
Antivirus? None. I know it sounds stupid, but I live cyber life on the edge. I have many of my own prototypes installed, but they don't work often. And if this does end up being caused by a virus, I might examine it and try to find a way to combat it.
Kpop2pmGet the windows disk and boot it up with that. Then reinstall windows. Also I'm assuming you either got ratted and someone deleted your files. Or your files were encrypted by a virus. Or you did something to mess it up.

Anyways, it shipped preinstalled on my laptop. Maybe I'll put something more secure on it if I can't fix it, like ubuntu.

Really hope i dont have to reinstall, 'cause I have a lot of stuff configured for cutting edge gaming.

See if you can boot into safe mode with Networking and download malwarebytes to see if your issue is related to malware or a virus. If nothing is found, then I would re-install windows from the disk or create a USB bootable drive

I said I don't know how to boot into safe mode in win7. I tried downloading anti malware software while I could still get in, and it couldnt run because of the aforementioned "disk error"
08/29/2014 6:30 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
minerguy31
Supernova666
Kpop2pmGet the windows disk and boot it up with that. Then reinstall windows. Also I'm assuming you either got ratted and someone deleted your files. Or your files were encrypted by a virus. Or you did something to mess it up.

Sounds like the best advise, in my opinion. Also, what anti-virus software are you using?

Antivirus? None. I know it sounds stupid, but I live cyber life on the edge. I have many of my own prototypes installed, but they don't work often. And if this does end up being caused by a virus, I might examine it and try to find a way to combat it.

Anyways, it shipped preinstalled on my laptop. Maybe I'll put something more secure on it if I can't fix it, like ubuntu.

Really hope i dont have to reinstall, 'cause I have a lot of stuff configured for cutting edge gaming.

See if you can boot into safe mode with Networking and download malwarebytes to see if your issue is related to malware or a virus. If nothing is found, then I would re-install windows from the disk or create a USB bootable drive
08/29/2014 6:17 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
Did you try turning it off and on?
08/29/2014 6:20 pm
EnderMiner77
Yes, I said that it gets stuck on the welcome page. The login doesn't show up. I've waited at least 15 mins and it still hasnt shown the login screen
08/29/2014 6:10 pm
Level 27 : Expert Sweetheart
Exoh
Get the windows disk and boot it up with that. Then reinstall windows. Also I'm assuming you either got ratted and someone deleted your files. Or your files were encrypted by a virus. Or you did something to mess it up.
08/29/2014 6:13 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Pyro
Supernova666
Sounds like the best advise, in my opinion. Also, what anti-virus software are you using?
08/29/2014 6:25 pm
EnderMiner77

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome