False accusations. How to deal with them?

Smon's Avatar Smon6/21/11 12:08 pm
1 emeralds 127 7
6/21/2011 3:08 pm
GrizzlyAmish's Avatar GrizzlyAmish
I don't want to bother anyone with this, so if you're not intrested in my problems, and don't want to help me, you don't need to read further. So please don't post any unnecessary stuff. Thank you.

To understand the problem, you'll need to read the last four comments of this project: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/purple-yacht/#comments

Also check the link of "the model from where I'd copied my boat." (Or "the link, posted by this hero.")
Have a closer look to the day when it was posted and compare to mine.
Also check the description and the comments!

So where is the error? Who will find it?

This situation led me to the question: "How to deal with false accusations at PMC?"
What would you guys do? Did one of you had some simliar situation before?

Thanks for reading!

Greetings,
Smon
Smon
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wizard

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/21/2011 3:08 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
No problem, good sir!
I try to keep an eye for details.
06/21/2011 12:40 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Wizard
Smon
Wow. Thanks a lot for your efforts. That shows how great this community is!

The thing what makes me that angry about this, is, that the creator of the other boat ("Taho") even mentioned my name (in bold) twice in the description... and this guy ("GraphicalMe") downvoted and commented, that it is stolen, before he gave any proof.

Anyway, I don't have any problem with that, it just made me a bit angry.

Also thanks to GrizzlyAmish and Khakhan.
06/21/2011 12:37 pm
Level 20 : Expert Pirate
Bleyd
The boats don't even look the same, they just have a similar design. I've actually seen a lot of modern-style boats on servers and many have the same basic shape and layout as these. Saying one is copying another is like saying your house copies my house because they both have doors and windows.
06/21/2011 12:31 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Ranger
Khakhan
Yeah! Failing people is FUN! lol I should be a teacher, hehe.
06/21/2011 12:29 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg
Cyprezz
Looks like GrizzlyAmish & Khakhan solved it for you. They commented on the timestamps and the fact that the other project credits you for inspiration.

In general, you did what I would recommend. Defend yourself without getting irate.
06/21/2011 12:20 pm
Level 26 : Expert Narwhal
crazyazey12
the boats nice but i tend to say even when im not on PMC is "ok ermm you have said a accusation that seems to be false, but if you show proof then ill sort it out" its what id do in your situation
06/21/2011 12:14 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
BrianMessina
The boats do look VERY similair. There really is no way that he can prove that you copied the boat, or you can prove that you built it yourself. I would just move on if I were you. Cool build btw.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome