Favorite items for building

Jchico9's Avatar Jchico93/1/20 10:39 am
2 emeralds 282 8
3/9/2020 5:07 am
JustYui's Avatar JustYui
Hello all,

I am relatively new to Minecraft and I am just wondering what people like to use for their builds the most? I usually build with natural products only, like stone or wood. I haven't really branched out into other blocks too creatively. If possible, I wouldn't mind seeing what you're building with different blocks (I won't steal anyone else's creations, just curious).

Thanks, and happy building!
John
Jchico9
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

JustYui
03/09/2020 5:07 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
Bone blocks are very cool and very impractical (in survival) to build with.
TheArchitect1995
03/07/2020 7:53 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Architect
Hi, when I'm building my stadia I primarily use standard stone blocks, and then try to use blocks that are more resembling of their real life counterparts
Jchico9
03/09/2020 1:34 am
Hey there, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I try to use mainly stone and other natural products. I did recently try a new modern style of building which used stuff I don't normally use, and I liked it.
Minecraft Map Creator
03/04/2020 5:35 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
For houses I mainly use Spruce wood, and to add some detail Oak fences or Spruce Trapdoors. When im building modern houses / buildings I prefer to use White concrete, mixed with black stained glass. When I build things like ruines I like to mix different blocks like mossy cobblestone, stone brick walls and cobblestone slabs. When im making paths when im terraforming I mix blocks like coarse dirt, grass path blocks and other blocks like gravel and andesite. I think it really depends on what style you are building with, and what size your building is going to be. Sometimes you need to do some expirimenting to find out what works best for you :)

I hope this helped, good luck!
Jchico9
03/05/2020 7:39 am
Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated!
W Works
03/03/2020 12:26 am
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
Idk well in my opinion unpolished Diorite looks good for a floor, and spruce wood would be good for cottages as well
Zip_Z
03/01/2020 7:49 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
history
I love the darker woods and stones myself. The colors just mesh really well for me.

But remember EVERY block has a different texture (aside from monster stone and stone :P).

For example, you could make a checkered floor out of stone slabs and a smithing tables. It doesn't have to be the first thing you think of, or even the most main stream. If it looks good, and the textures work then go for it. There's no wrong way to play the game.

If were talking about detailing though then stairs, item frames, and armor stands are AWESOME!

Here is a photo I pulled from the Official Minecraft Wiki to help you with deciding on some color palettes and texture combinations.

Good Luck! (Just start building is the best practice.)

Jchico9
03/01/2020 9:49 pm
Thanks for the info and the chart! I have been trying to expand, mixing textures and colors to build more modern stuff.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome