Graphics card help

gamerfreak717's Avatar gamerfreak7175/12/14 11:53 am
1 emeralds 422 5
5/12/2014 3:59 pm
ZonkedCompanion's Avatar ZonkedCompanion
Help i recently bought an msi n210 md1gd3h graphics card but when i put it in the screen goes black and when i take it out it goes back to normal
gamerfreak717
Level 7 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

runesmite14
05/12/2014 1:40 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Do you have a BIOS screen your computer usually boots through? Does that come up? Or is it completely black?

For some reason, your computer may not be switching off it's integrated graphics. With the card in, try plugging the video cable in to your old port (the one not hooked to the graphics card) and see if it has video. If so, you'll need to turn off your iGPU manually, as it doesn't seem to be seeing the Discreet GPU.

The next thing, your monitor may not be auto adjusting. When you turn it on, it will tell you that it is using Analog or Digital. If you're using DVI on your GPU, you need digital, if you're using VGA you'll need Analog. HDMI also needs Digital.

Is your GPU installed on your first available PCI slot?

Do you have a Power Supply of Sufficient power to run this graphics card?

Edit:
Also, what OS are you running? If it's fairly new, especially windows 8, you may want to see if you can install the drivers while your using your old graphics solution, and then install the new card.
gamerfreak717
05/12/2014 1:47 pm
its completly black and im using windows 8
ZonkedCompanion
05/12/2014 3:59 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
go through runesmite14's check list, we know its black and we are trying to help establish why...
ZonkedCompanion
05/12/2014 12:52 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Pirate
You sure you are using the default VGA/DVI port for your monitor?... (Assuming your new card has multiple ports)

If the new card has power (ie the fan(s) move,) then the next thing to check is that your external connections are correct. If you have 2+ outputs try swap them - it really could be that simple.

Does the computer produce any error "beeps" when you switch it on after installing the new card?- are you sure the machine is actually booting?
gamerfreak717
05/12/2014 1:02 pm
no errors or beeps just cant see the screen even if im just using one monitor with my new graphics card
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome