I want to discuss the Trending section of maps

Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs19/3/22 8:52 am history
7 emeralds 193 9
9/14/2022 5:39 pm
nuri_v's Avatar nuri_v
I know that what they are doing is 100% within the PMC rules, and therefore; please do not take this as a "call for change" - it's just a discussion

I don't hate or dislike the users that do this, nor do I hate or dislike their creations; But I dislike their actions on PMC.

So what are we discussing?
I might be the only one who has been a bit bothered by certain types of users (I will not name anyone) that are obviously using PMC as nothing more than an advertising platform for their Patreon content. I fully understand wanting to make an earning from your creations, and tbh: That's not the main thing that bothers me. If you check the trending section under maps right now, you'll find the same users every week pop up again because they "updated" 2-3 of their creations.

And by "updated" it's usually: "added 1 screenshot" "changed part of description" etc. - Small, minor changes that don't affect the actual build itself, but is blatantly obvious, that it is only "updated" to push it into the Trending section of set week. As stated in the beginning: This is not against the PMC rules to do - but I've noticed multiple (mainly Patreon builders) do this over the past month, and I think it's a shame that they only use PMC as an advertising tool, and that this "grey-zone updating" pushes other members creations out of the trending section every week.

Please share your thoughts on this, and let me know if I'm just butt-hurt - All answers are welcome as I moreover want to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks, and hope you have a great day :)
Stubbs1
Retired Moderator
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

nuri_v
09/14/2022 5:39 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
I fully agree with this - I have been posting a lot recently, I'm quite new to the platform and it's great to be involved in posting as it's motivating me to get better at building. But it's really disheartening seeing my posts competing with posts that are blatantly monetisation farms or clearly just adverts for youtube videos that have nothing to do with the section they're in.
Holt
09/14/2022 4:49 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
I just think of this, but if they only come here to advertise, then would it not make sense to have them pay the creators of planetminecraft a small fee like the other ads there are on planetminecraft? By just uploading and greyzone updating they get free advertisement, but if they paid for advertising then planetminecraft could earn?
_s0x_
09/07/2022 3:01 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
Yea im also bothered by this situation. The fact that when you enter the trending map section and there are the same builds over and over again from the same builders prevents new talented builders from becoming known to the public as well as overshadow astonishing new builds. I ain't that bothered from builders who use Patreon but the "update" they do for a permanent position on the trending section really bothers me. Let's hope it'll change.
Azie
09/07/2022 11:15 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Small, minor updates like some of the ones you mentioned actually do violate the rules and is considered update log abuse. If you see that stuff you should report it so a mod can look at it.
Holt
09/08/2022 4:22 am
Even if reported they dont get punished I have tried??
Azie
09/09/2022 12:21 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Standard practice for update log abuse is to disable the page and notify the person that their use of the update log is unacceptable. Once they acknowledge that, they get their post back. If they continue to do it after that, it gets removed. Unless you've been checking and rechecking those posts and reporting them after they post additional logs after you confirmed the post was down for a period of time, you wouldn't know any action was taken.
Holt
09/14/2022 4:38 pm
Okay thank you for explain i didnt know i thought they get banned for breaking rules like on minecraft server lol
BlueBoyBuilds
09/03/2022 9:20 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blueberry
Hmm... I never really had noticed this with the map making community, I do find this semi-annoying as well, but as you said, it is perfectly within the rules, so sadly I do not think that much can be done about it. It would be great if these creators would maybe gave some time for other or newer creators to show their work on the platform.
Holt
09/03/2022 9:11 am
I think its more annoying that it says download but then you click it and you have to pay for it. I wish there was a button to like not show me all those paid buildings
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome