"ignored because they are too common" issue

Blitzgrutel's Avatar Blitzgrutel11/11/13 11:49 am
1 emeralds 1.9k 13
11/12/2013 4:48 pm
Blitzgrutel's Avatar Blitzgrutel
I just want to light up the site owners about some serious flaw in the forum search function. Specificly about the common ignored words. I'm 35 and I'm a serious member that wants to help so please read this carefully.

I often decide to come to the forums to try to participate in a way or another to make PMC being better. I don't really want the job of moderator, but I want to help anyway. But I lost interest every time because of only one thing: The common ignored words. Bizzare? not so...

Example: I want to suggest ideas for PMC contests, or talk about it, discuss or debate about ideas, etc. I know that there's a topic about that somewhere in the forums. But the search function blocks me from every way to be able to find this thread. I tried:

- Contests
- Contests suggestions
- Contest help
- Monthly contests help
- PMC contests help
- How to help Planet Minecraft with the contests
- I want to help for the contests
- Submission guideline for the contests
- etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. ( searched for 1 hour strait to the point where I feel my brain like Jello lol )

EVERY word I used are too commons. How I am supposed to find any thread of any subect when ALL words are too commons? I made only one example, but I tried several different subjects since I'm a subscriber, and everytime it's the same situation.

And on the other hand, I read rules to always search about topics before posting because the site moderators delete several topics of the same subject every week, and it never end...

Why? I found why!! It's because the search function blocks every way to find them! So the members re-post and re-post the same topic several times because they have no way to find these already created topics.

The only good way to search the PMC forums is with Google. Just try to bet how many PMC users will take the time to go to Google to do a really pertinent search in the forums...

So that's one way I found to help. I really hope that I will be read AND answered. There's someone in the PMC members that really want to help and it's me.
Blitzgrutel
Level 40 : Master Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/12/2013 4:48 pm
Blitzgrutel
This has gone completely too far for nothing...... sigh.....

Just forget it.

You totally missunderstood everything I said. It seems that the use of the word "recognized" is seen here as the uses of some stalker style member that have mental problems.

I understand completely all what every moderator and member have said.

But in any way now, with the kind of talk it's become, I completely lost interest to help the site owners more than just shooting my suggestions here like any other member.

So good continuty. Your site rocks and it's because of that, that I am a member here....
11/12/2013 1:46 pm
Level 49 : Master uwu
Jack
This post has been answered twice now by moderators, the forums are to be undergoing a revamp sometime in the future and the OP issues will be part of the address for the revamp, they are known problems to the moderation team and developers.

As for the whole getting recognition thing, why do you need it? Many people have suggested things that have been implemented into the site but have not wanted not asked for recognition for there contributions, wanting recognition is just attention seeking an personally I do not see that as a good point in a person, you should make these suggestions because you want the site to improve and not just to be a recognised person in the community. if the suggestions are of a good quality and you are posting fairly regularly and participating in other debates etc, then you will in time become recognised by the community.
11/12/2013 3:16 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
andrewxn
By the manner this individual posts, English is likey not their native language. All he seems to be doing is offering some sort of consulting service to staff members of this community, to be a provider and not solely a consumer of the services. By the sounds of it the user believes his suggestions over a one year time period have too often fell on deaf ears. Your disparaging remark "...wanting recognition is just attention seeking an personally I do not see that as a good point in a person.." is in my view inappropriate, unprofessional, and inaccurate as this user does not appear to demand or compel for any individual recognition whatsoever. Moreso than technical work on the site, Planet Minecraft could work on Public Relations.
11/12/2013 3:38 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
The OP has clearly said he wants to be noticed, and Jack's statement is actually quite accurate. The psychological factor behind someone yearning to be noticed or recognized is the fact that they seek the attention. To regard what he said as "inappropriate, unprofessional, and inaccurate" would be a false accusation. Our actions are based on our emotional desires. In this case, I would say the OP is wanting to stand out, so he tries to help the staff, but when his actions go unseen, he feels as if he is a failure at his goal. If he really just wanted to help, there would be no ulterior motive to his actions, and this thread would've ended with the answer "The search function will be fixed when the Forums get re-vamped."
11/12/2013 10:41 am
Blitzgrutel
hehe! that's funny Doughty.

Yea that's true that I'm currently giving help that don't get noticed. And I have to explain why because it's the irony of the situation.

I firstly tried to contact the site owners to get noticed in the fact that I'm here and want to help, not just consuming the site. And I tried and I tried. Just saying I want to help, not giving help and wanting to get noticed. And I never get noticed.

So I had the idea to try to get noticed by showing some things that can be changed, upgraded or repaired. So I could get probably noticed.

So your suggestion really made me laught because it the first thing I tought: Contacting the site owners about this matter rather than freely shooting posts or complains about problems in the site or forums.

hehehe!

The irony of the situation.
11/12/2013 10:19 am
Blitzgrutel
I don't want to help with the forums guys....

I want to help the group that own the site in various ways...

I'm trying to find a way without being a moderator because I don't want to moderate the site or the forums. I'm trying to get noticed in the forums because I never recieved a real attention from any other way to get it, and it's the only place where I can be read by someone in the group that own the site.

I want to help for the ENTIRE site if possible. This thread is just ONE of MANY tryouts I've done for one year.

How is it possible? Just say it. I want to help you.

Not the forums..... YOU! hehe!
11/12/2013 10:33 am
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
In this particular thread, you talked about a certain aspect of the forums and how it should be improved. That right there is wanting to help with the forums, at least as far as this post goes.
As for the rest of the quoted statement, it just sounds like you want to be recognized for trying to help. Well if you truly wanted to help, you would do so without caring about recognition, but if you really are helping out considerably, it will naturally be noticed. Of course I understand the whole "I've been trying to help for so long but I've been ignored" feeling, but that just means what you think is "help" really isn't as important as you think it is, and at some point it's better to consider to stop giving the help that people are ignoring, rather than trying to point out that you're trying to make this site better.
11/12/2013 10:18 am
Level 43 : Master Nether Knight
TheEvilKittyWizard
When I want to find a thread, I just go into one of the corresponding Forum categories: Server Help, Minecraft Help, General Discussion, News & Announcements, etc
11/12/2013 10:07 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
I don`t use the forums search anymore beacuse of that. Forums search is nearly pointless.
11/12/2013 7:41 am
Level 49 : Master uwu
Jack
As soup has already said to you, the forums are to be having a revamp and this search function will be fixed then. Until that has been done you will have to manually search or just use the google method soup has provided you.
11/12/2013 7:06 am
Blitzgrutel
Ok, but how I am supposed to know that the topic I'll found with google about the contests will be the correct one??

Is it possible to "help me help you" in some way??

The topic is about the flaw in the forum but is also another tryout to help you guys...

Just to be very specific: I'm here for one year now and I've been trying to help you for one year and never been really listened... one year of efforts proves myself I think. It's a third of the life of the website...

11/11/2013 12:03 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Network
blakerdude12
Click to reveal
EVERY word I used are too commons

Apparently, "araksha peaks" is too common...
11/11/2013 12:21 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
I just tried searching 'araksha peaks' in the forums and it works fine. Additionally, we're aware that the forum search sorta sucks. It will be fixed when we are able to re-vamp the forums. Until then, we suggest you use google to search within the forums. To do that, type 'site:www.planetminecraft.com/forums/ [word i want to search]' (without the apostrophes and brackets) into your google search bar.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome