I'm Leaving PMC. Bogroll signing out.

BogrollTextures's Avatar BogrollTextures10/7/13 7:07 pm
10/7/2013 9:25 pm
MrFang's Avatar MrFang
Hi guys.

As you can see by the title I'm leaving. It's a hard decision to make, but I want to do it. I may come back in half a year, maybe a full year... I dunno. There's many reasons why I'm doing this...

To be Frank with you all, I just don't think anyone enjoys my skins anymore - which really hurts. I try my hardest on each skin I do, I enjoy every second but it seems no one likes them. I know it's hard to be noticed, even with all the moderators getting most the diamonds and downloads because they are basically celebrities on this site. I've also lost my spark, I have ideas... but they don't seem good enough. What the whole point in creating something no one looks at? (I'm not leaving because of fame)

My personal life seems too stressful to even talk about. I've got too many things going on in one place I feel like I'm gonna explode. I have too much college work and I work 24/7 around my house. I have a relationship, and I need to gain more of a social life. Plus I have low confidence in everything I do...

Anywho... I think I've said enough.

I want to thank everyone for their support and please enjoy my work.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/bogrolltextures/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/bogroll101/

I hope you understand why I am doing this.

Farewell, PMC.
BogrollTextures
Level 34 : Artisan Toast

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MrFang
10/07/2013 9:25 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Hero
Popularity won't increase with a long absence -_- I left for a few months and came back to find all my friends gone. Seriously, I don't really know anyone...
Zahta
10/07/2013 9:21 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Hunter
I'm not sure what coming back in a year would do, maybe refresh your will to make skins? Otherwise I'm not sure if it would do much for popularity.

You shouldn't feel pressured to make things as it can ruin the fun for you and add to more stress in life, and I can understand feeling like no one is looking at your work. Just make skins when you enjoy making them and upload whenever you want, if people are downloading them then they're enjoying them.
Lots of skins become popular because the user has been on here for a while and already has a large number of subscribers.
Perhaps, when you feel like it, you could experiment with different shading styles or themes for your skins?
Sorry to hear about your personal life. Stress is a pain.
rstar42
10/07/2013 8:56 pm
Level 29 : Expert Pokemon
Are you serious? You're level 25 and saying nobody looks at your skins? Don't be so hard on yourself! I'll even take a look now!

Anyway,
Goodbye and Good Luck for The Future
TheCreeperConquest
10/07/2013 8:55 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Good luck man.
Chron
10/07/2013 8:50 pm
Level 47 : Master Cowboy
Goodbye (never actually knew you), and good luck out there. It's scary in the real world.
MrFang
10/07/2013 8:07 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Hero
You should really just try ONE THING before you leave. I suggest you try advertising. I'm not saying you should just drop a link in the chatroom, but try advertising on the forums or in your forum sig. You'd be amazed how many views the average forum signature gets and how many times they are actually clicked on to see other people's work.

All in all I know that you can do whatever you want, but I'd highly advise that you try a little bit more to get your skins noticed, staff members of PMC only get "celebrity status" because at some point they probably were celebs or they work hard enough to achieve celeb status. Believe me, no-one really can name all the staff members on the website.

Have a Nicer Day-
Mr Fang

"Getting to lvl 25 is a huge achievement." - So make it even higher and attain awesomeness.
-Kali-
10/07/2013 8:02 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Never knew you, never will. Either way, I'm sad to see you off. Getting to lvl 25 is a huge achievement. Think twice b4 u quit
m4lc
10/07/2013 8:00 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
Goodbye fellow PMC hope too see you around.
iltkamil
10/07/2013 7:17 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Architect
You really do have nice skins. I don't know why you would think that. You might not think that people like them but in reality they do. But if your mind is set. I'm sad to see you go.
Person_Unknown
10/07/2013 7:15 pm
Level 27 : Expert Skinner
Before you go, allow me to send you off with a post.

Leaving because of your personal life, it's understandable. Everyone has their ups and downs. Good luck there!

But to also quit because you think no one likes your skins? When skinning, fame is the last thing you think of. Before that it's design, enjoyment, making it into a hobby. But to make skins to receive fame, it seems odd to me. You said so yourself you enjoyed making skins, and I'll admit, you have some damn fine skins. So skin because you want to. Not because they want you to.

But, anyway, if you're actually leaving, then farewell.
Have a nice day.
-Person_Unknown
BogrollTextures
10/07/2013 7:39 pm
It's not fame at all. I've never thought about that. All I care about is making someone happy and smile, but how can I do that when I'm not? To produce something your happy with is far greater then anyone else's, the other people are just a bonus. It's more about my personal life then anything.
Polar_The_Archer
10/07/2013 7:09 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Ranger
But I just got a sub from you :c
BogrollTextures
10/07/2013 7:11 pm
I'll keep to that sub as well. I'll be back in a year, maybe.
Polar_The_Archer
10/07/2013 7:12 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Ranger
When you get back, I'll be better. I promise ;D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome