Letter-Limited Search Terms: Why?

CaptainMalone's Avatar CaptainMalone12/19/11 5:34 pm
1 emeralds 243 1
12/19/2011 5:48 pm
esoomytefasgone's Avatar esoomytefasgone
I have noticed that when searching the site, the search engine requires terms to be longer than three letters. This is frustrating for a number of reasons.

Firstly, when tagging a submission, there is no such letter limit. One of my skins right now is tagged as "ent," because it is an Ent. This tag describes my creation perfectly- but of what use is this tag if it cannot be searched for?

Secondly, there are a good many search terms that are perfectly descriptive and would surely return good results, that are three letters or even less. What if, for instance, someone were searching for a dog or cat skin? What if they wanted a skin depicting the sun god Ra? What if they were looking for an Oz texture pack? This may be pushing it, but what if they wanted a skin of V?

Is this search term letter limit something that is able to be edited by the moderators of the site? I do not think that it should be in place.
CaptainMalone
Level 59 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter