Minecraft Internet

prince_planet_2's Avatar prince_planet_25/11/14 4:43 am
1 emeralds 390 2
5/12/2014 5:18 am
Death_Rider21's Avatar Death_Rider21
Hi, I have recently started playing minecraft servers, but sadly, my internet is very limited. I don't want to tell exactly how much I get per month, but I will say it is less than 30GB. We run out of Internet very quickly, but we don't know what we use or do on it that does this. How many GB or MB per hour would it use? I have read that it's only 14-15mb per hour, but if any of you have actually tested this or anything, please tell me your results, and what you think, Thanks!
prince_planet_2
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Death_Rider21
05/12/2014 5:18 am
Actually I have had to use my phone as a mobile hotspot and tether it to my computer to play minecraft. It does use only about 14-15mb per on a small server, but the larger servers with more players will start using more data.

Another huge thing that can also eat your data up is computer updates. I suggest disabling anything that can and will update on your computer unless absolutely needed.

Depending what os you have you can track data usage on applications via task-manager, or get an external program to monitor this for you.
prince_planet_2
05/11/2014 4:45 am
###Addition###
We think that Minecraft is doing this to our internet. We don't watch youtube or anything either
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome