Plant Minecraft ate my texture pack

CK20XX's Avatar CK20XX6/30/13 2:44 pm
1 emeralds 444 8
7/1/2013 4:59 am
MechaEnderXD's Avatar MechaEnderXD
So I've been managing a texture pack called Megacraft Classic for a few months now, and yesterday I went to update it to the 1.6 resource pack version, with no success. The servers seemed to be having a bad day because my attempts to upload the latest version repeatedly stalled and failed. I tried using both Google Chrome and FIrefox just in case the site was a little picky about web browsers, but neither made a difference. Knowing that Planet Minecraft has been struggling with bad and/or inadequate hosting, I finally thought, "Well, ok, I'll just try updating tomorrow instead."

Today, I discovered that the site was letting me upload stuff again. Joy! I quickly assembled my update, put a bunch of fresh images into the project's gallery, filled out a fifth update log, and clicked the Save button at the top of the screen. Everything seemed to work fine! The website told me the updates had been successfully saved, so I went back to the front page to admire my handiwork.

But the texture pack was gone. It does not show up in on-site searches (yet for some reason it does in Google searches), and it's not even listed under my submissions anymore. Most curious of all, my profile says that I still have four submissions under my belt, but only shows three of them: a project and two skins. It's like Planet Minecraft ate my texture pack. It's like it technically still exists, but good luck if you want to access it.

This is all very strange. Is there anything I can do about this? I've had similar problems before when uploading images, where images appear broken for me even if I refresh or clear my browser's cache, yet they apparently still work for everyone else. I'd wait for the site to have another good day and try updating again, but not even I can access my own texture pack anymore, save for a roundabout way with Google search.

EDIT: As CreeperCarole pointed out, this seems to have been a user error on my part. Somehow the "Publish Live" box got unchecked, and after all the trouble I had had yesterday, I was afraid that something truly disastrous had taken place.
CK20XX
Level 53 : Grandmaster Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

MechaEnderXD
07/01/2013 4:59 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Explorer
hurry! feast him with more textpacks before he feast with your own SOUL!
you have wondered where soulsand comes from?
just joking, don't get scared...
the_soup
07/01/2013 3:55 am
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
IT HUNGERS
mommaCarole
06/30/2013 2:57 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
eeee, I HELPED.

... glad you found it!
CK20XX
06/30/2013 2:56 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Scribe
Yeah, that's it there. I didn't even know you could save entire projects as drafts.

Well, dangit, this may have been a user error after all. I discovered that the "Publish Live" button had become unchecked somehow. Checking it seems to have fixed everything.

But I'd rather be a little embarrassed than lose all my hard work.
mommaCarole
06/30/2013 2:55 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
ok, try this: at the top of the screen click "My account" and when you get to your account screen click "texturepacks". It'll give you a list of your TPs. Check beside your TP to see if the submission is marked "live."

If it is NOT, it means it's in draft mode. To get it into live mode, click on the submission from THERE to edit it and make sure you check the "submit live" button before you save.

Hope it helps.
madisonjack01
06/30/2013 2:49 pm
Level 25 : Expert Unicorn
Might wanna stand behind the server for the website and wait for 2 days with a USB xD
ASF
06/30/2013 2:46 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
nom nom...
This happened to me before.. you just gotta wait a little bit.
It's similar to when you try and change your avatar: you might have your avatar on the forums, but it doesn't show up on your home.
Just give it time, and it should be back up
If it doesn't contact a mod and make sure it wasn't actually against the rules (in some random way..)
Azie
06/30/2013 2:46 pm
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
I checked to see if I could re-enable it for you if something wonky happened, but it doesn't even show up as deleted... I'll see if I can get a hold of Paril or Zaralith to see if there's something they can see that I can't.

Edit: It may be in your drafts. Check this link -

http://www.planetminecraft.com/account/ ... ure_packs/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome