PMC Advice: Getting to Level 10 or higher

Nobody132's Avatar Nobody1326/23/13 2:04 pm
6/23/2013 3:26 pm
ROPROPE's Avatar ROPROPE
Recently I've been wanting to get on the official PMC server but I have to be whitelisted, and to be whitelisted you have to be level 10 or higher. Does anyone have some advice on how to get to level 10? Preferably from someone maybe close to level 10?
Nobody132
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

ROPROPE
06/23/2013 3:26 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Pig
Wok in quality, not quantity
DustyDesigns
06/23/2013 3:10 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
Projects are a nice way to get pretty good.

My advice: Put time and effort in a project..
Examples:
Did you built a house? Do not upload it. Make more of them (Not the same, different ones in the same style) and make a small village or a pack of them. One single house can be good, but villages and packs will receive more views, diamonds, and for packs, downloads.

Presentation. Just normal screenshots, in default or with rain, are not good. I've seen pretty good projects, which had <100 views because the presentation was crap.

Presentation is really a big part. I understand not everyone can make high quality renders, or shaded 512x screenshots. Just pick a good looking 32/64x texturepack, and think about lightning, position, everything. Editing is a good way to enchance your presentation, even if you are just using Paint.

It's not a bad idea to get into GIMP, which is free. There are loads of tutorials on youtube and with little time you could create pretty cool simple thumbnails, and edit your screenshots with stuff like sun flares or blurred pieces.

Also, there are always people to help you with this, if you are really really bad in it. Ask nicely and who knows

-Dusty
Henry_Jekyll
06/23/2013 3:09 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
The Masked Bandit
Be nice to people and look at some tutorials in the field you are interested then. If you try to hard to get diamonds you will fail.

Someone actually agrees with me! I literally made a whole blog about this and wow, someone actually seems to agree.

To the maker of this thread, make good original work that you don't just do in 5 minutes.

Do it for the people, not the diamonds.
HyJaffa
06/23/2013 3:02 pm
Level 43 : Master Modder
I find modding gains you high Levels, I'm Level 36 and I have posted 3 mods, and two other things which are like crap. Try taking up modding :p It's good to learn because you can create things for Minecraft which you wished was in the game, Also it can lead to other programming languages which may lead to your career in life

Java Tut's
www.Youtube.com/TheNewBoston
Mod Tut's
www.Youtube.com/Darnmyhat
ASF
06/23/2013 2:31 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
I believe that textures packs are the best way to level up, but definitely not the easiest. A texture pack takes a lot of time to work on, so you really gotta be dedicated. Same with mods. I think skins are a little easier, but they should take a while to make: you shouldn't be able to crank one out in like 5 minutes. Blogs can help, if you write about something original and good.
duke_Frans
06/23/2013 2:28 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Modder
Dont rush it, rather make really good stuff that gets high amounts of Xp, rather than 50 things giving like 10xp each.
Also, lvl 10 is really close (only 2000xp), which is a small amount.

Keep active and post high quality = profit.
Cipher_Punk
06/23/2013 2:20 pm
Level 80 : Elite Grump
The server is geared towards our active community members. If you want to join us on it, then be a part of the community.

Learn to make nice skins.
Build and upload something really neat.
Work on a texture pack.
Make some friends on the forums.

If you participate in the community, you will be level 10 in no time.

Of course, if you try to rush and spam up the forums or submit stolen/copied work just to get levels, you'll get banned. We don't want spam - we want active, fun community members.
TCK
06/23/2013 2:18 pm
Level 30 : Artisan uwu
Creating skins is by far one of the quickest ways of acquiring points. Good skins can usually raise you a level per post. Also, creating great levels is great but can require more work since skins take a very short time to make usually and can give big pay-offs. The Chat section is also a good way of promoting yourself. Just remember to stay within the 15 minute advertising rule.
BlackHawk185
06/23/2013 2:14 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Personally, I don't think the server is all that great. You can't use and teleportation commands, E.g. /sethome /back /tpa /tpahere and such.
The Masked Bandit
06/23/2013 2:33 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Meme
You can use sethome and i understand not being able to use tp although it would be helpful

Also to the creator of the thread. Be nice to people and look at some tutorials in the field you are interested then. If you try to hard to get diamonds you will fail. Just have fun. You will reach level 10 faster then you think
GraveRunner
06/23/2013 2:11 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
I've found that mods rack up lots of diamonds no matter what they are unless they don't contain content.
Nobody132
06/23/2013 2:10 pm
I didn't know that it could be forum posts!!!! I'll make sure to stay active. Thanks Azie!!!
Nobody132
06/23/2013 2:09 pm
Yeah I agree with you Descheemaeker Tom, I made a version of a village that is much more helpful and it ranked me up faster so I'll do more of that stuff, thanks!
Azie
06/23/2013 2:08 pm
She/Her • Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump Pokemon
There's no quick why that doesn't break our rules.

By the way, to get into the server you can either be level 10 or have 200 or more forum posts. So you can just be active on the forum (without spamming).
FrozenTeam101
06/23/2013 2:23 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Princess
I got to level 10 after making two popular blogs in 2 days actually...
StealingDaPenta
06/23/2013 2:07 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
Hey Ime pretty new here, 4 days ago i made my account and now ime lv 4 and its getting fast

First I made maps and yeah i raised, but today i made 6 skins, pretty easy and i like it, and i raised 2 levels so i think you just need to upload many things but not bull... if you know what I mean.

Things dat are stupid (like my farm xD) wont have succes and you wont raise by them
Mercurythedark
06/23/2013 2:06 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lego Builder
Post 200 posts, but don't spam, go on daily.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome