2D preview doesn't update (Attn: Paril?)

iilo's Avatar iilo7/19/12 8:55 pm
1 emeralds 149 3
7/22/2012 12:37 pm
WuWeiLun's Avatar WuWeiLun
Ok, I've tried to search for the answer to this question in blogs here on PMC...I've also tried to search the forums but either a) I'm too challenged to figure out how to utilize the search function successfully (highly possible) or b) such a topic does not exist.

I've updated several of my skins and, while the 3D preview updates, the 2D preview remains the same. I notice that sometimes the preview changes but it's usually not for awhile. I dunno if this is just my browser or a problem on PMC's side?

Is there any way to fix this? Ideally, is there any way to fix this without having to re-post the skin?

Thanks, and many cookies to those who post any helpful replies. ^-^
iilo
Level 57 : Grandmaster Bunny

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/22/2012 12:37 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
WuWeiLun
I was just wondering the same thing. Thanks asking this question and for replying to it. XD
07/19/2012 9:44 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Bunny
iilo
I see! I noticed that one of my skins had updated, but the other hadn't...I guess I'll just have to wait patiently! :< Thanks for the reply! :]
07/19/2012 9:30 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Paril didn't make a 2D preview to go along with the new 3D previewer, and while it doesn't always (rarely ever) update immediately it will update soon-ish without the need for a re-upload. Usually it should take a day or 2 at max to update properly. For example, my Link skin was posted 4 days ago, in that time I've completely redone the shading and in the last 24 hours I've updated to have the new shading, the 2D preview since then has updated to properly show the new skin.

The time it may take will vary from skin to skin, but it will/should eventually change to show the proper skin.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome