Problems with Skin Section (again)

Cipher_Punk's Avatar Cipher_Punk8/8/11 3:27 am
1 emeralds 292 1
8/10/2011 3:06 pm
Excision's Avatar Excision
Hey there. Two things are currently going on that I've seen on both my own work and on a few other people's as well.

The first issue is that the .jpg preview for skins is no longer updating as skins are updated, so the preview that shows up isn't necessarily what the user will see when they open up the skin they clicked on. This happened most recently to my Saxton Hale skin when I fixed his chest hair (I hadn't realized it was supposed to be shaped like Australia when I made the skin).

As you can see, I updated the skin to better reflect the character it was supposed to be, but users browsing the skins will not see the improvements I've made. I know they used to update right away, and that was great - especially because I use the embed codes to add previews to my skins shops on various forums.

The second issue is that the 'random submissions' on the right side of the page are no longer random. I used to enjoy clicking through the random skins to check out what other people had made, and felt that it was a good way for newer users to see work completed by older users that they may not have been specifically looking for.

I've seen those same skins in that section for a few days now. They're the very first five skins ever uploaded to the site. Not that it's bad for them to still get attention, but I kinda miss seeing new things pop up there while I browse.
Cipher_Punk
Retired Moderator
Level 80 : Elite Grump