Protecting with worldguard... A couple questions.

NickGraz1's Avatar NickGraz111/9/11 7:11 pm
1 emeralds 539 1
11/12/2011 2:13 pm
computerdemon's Avatar computerdemon
Firstly, I'm pretty new to a bukkit server which I made just a few days ago. I download all the essentials plugin and I basically understand them all accept worldguard.

Now I know how to make regions but what if I have more complex areas? I have a village with houses and I want to give them regions with different owners. However I want to protect the walkways, barn, auto-farm, etc. that are in the village but are not as simple of a shape as a cube.

I discovered that you can't add on to a region (have a set region named "village" and then try to name another region as "village" in attempt to combine the two) so how would I do this??

Or would I just make a big square around the village and define as "village" and then add regions within "village" for the peoples house named "PersonsHouse". Would that work?? Someone help me out I don't really understand this plugin...
NickGraz1
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

computerdemon
11/12/2011 2:13 pm
Level 22 : Expert Engineer
Sounds like you need to use the "Priority" and "Parent" functions.

They are laid out in the WorldGuard wiki - check it out for more information: http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Regions/Introduction

The lower the priority number the further down it is on the priority 'stack'. The higher the priority number, the higher up it is on the stack. A higher numbered priority zone will override zones below it.

Take the image above for example. The Priority zone 1 is the base zone, it contains sub zones that have a higher priority. These higher priority zones will override zones underneath them.

For instance. if you have an entire section of your map zoned off as lets say, "Member-build-area" and you want to have a city with different build permissions and different members you could use the following in your configuration.

Member-build-area:
min: {z: -10231.0, y: 0.0, x: -10040.0}
flags: {greeting: Memeber Build Area, build: deny}
max: {z: -230.0, y: 127.0, x: -39.0}
priority: 1
type: cuboid
owners: {}
members: {member-builders}
bigCity:
min: {z: -380.0, y: 0.0, x: -294.0}
flags: {greeting: 'BIG CITY', build: deny}
max: {z: -281.0, y: 127.0, x: -195.0}
priority: 2
type: cuboid
owners: {}
members: {city-builders}

This will allow the group "member-builders" build in the build area, but not the city and the "city-builders" to only build in the city.

For each priority area you can specify different ownership / membership. If you would like to inherit the ownership and membership of an area, simply use that areas name as the parent. In game the command for setting parent is: (taken directly from the wiki)

/region setparent TownPlot Town

And the command for setting priority is:

/region setpriority ZONE1 100

There is a lot more than I wish to cover, for this, please check out the WIKI, hoped this little spiel helped a little.

*If all else fails and your still having problems, I would be more than happy to join you in TS, Ventrilo, Skype and help you out in game. (PM ME)

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Regions/Introduction
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome