Punishment for Productivity

Kirbycope's Avatar Kirbycope11/26/23 4:20 am
3 emeralds 223 3
11/26/2023 9:48 am
Palaeos's Avatar Palaeos
A mod, Drzzter, disabled my data pack that I have been hard at work on. They claim log abuse, but I have receipts! Each update is real and has a unique .zip file I prepared. You can see this in my GitHub repo. I have been hard at work implementing new features, big fixes, and optimizations that the community asked for.
I already clicked the link to dispute this heavy-handed, miscategorization. This is frustrating and disappointing.
Kirbycope
Level 56 : Grandmaster Programmer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Palaeos
11/26/2023 9:48 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Update log abuse does not simply mean we believe the updates to be false. We also expect that they be used for major changes, I would argue that 4 updates in a single day would mean they are in the territory of minor changes. You are free to actually update the post as many times as you feel necessary, no matter how small the content update is, but the update log feature shouldnt be used for small changes.

Im not looking to argue validity of updates themselves, but if you have further questions you can either DM me or make a ticket, in future please dont make public posts discussing moderation decisions, I'll be locking this thread and restoring your post as this sort of disable is basically to ask someone to not abuse the update log in a way that is tracked in mod history.
ScotsMiser
11/26/2023 6:59 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Commiserations…

Suggest seeing if this can be used as an opportunity to get a 'bright-line rule' published on the minimum change before an update log is issued.
Kirbycope
11/26/2023 9:36 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Programmer
Palaeos or Foxy, can you clarify? I don't think I did anything wrong, here. I worked on my content and had 3-4 updates in a given day.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome