A Question, and Two Ideas!

CalPal_'s Avatar CalPal_9/3/14 12:01 pm
1 emeralds 396 9
9/3/2014 9:29 pm
zoossrocks's Avatar zoossrocks
Welp, I come before you today with a question about the site and two suggestions for it.

First, the question.
Back in the day, I remember that is was possible to order member lists by "score" (which is basically a sum of all the diamonds on their submissions, I believe).
I used to enjoy checking my ranking on the Blog "Score" leaderboard. However, this feature was removed while I was gone. Could I ask why? And is it possible to get it re-implemented?

Next, two suggestions.
The first one is kinda weird and possibly pointless, but I think it would be interesting.
What if, in each of the sections, there was a "Random" button? As in, I could go to the Blogs, hit the "Random" button, and I would be taken to a completely random blog from sometime in PMC's history.
I also think it would be nice (on this feature) to set a diamond limit. Such as "Give me a random blog with more than 20 diamonds."

Then I was wondering if at all possible, if the moving Navbar could be disabled on mobile devices?
I personally find it very annoying, especially as it tends to move right over where I am typing, as it is doing currently (typing blind! XD).

Feedback? I've posted these before (almost a year ago now, wow) but they never really got any reaction, so.
CalPal_
Level 38 : Artisan Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

zoossrocks
09/03/2014 9:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Toast
Wow. I agree with all three of these. A random button would help out lesser known members more attention. Also the nav bar is extremely annoying when typing on the forums on an mobile device.
09/03/2014 8:58 pm
Level 25 : Expert Network
I'm actually making a blocks tab right now. It will use TamperMonkey to load the script every time you visit PMC and it will add a blocks tab that when you click it will slide down a blocks div.

EDIT: I'm done with it! Just gonna tidy it up a bit then I'll put a link to it here.

EDIT 2: Here it is: pmc-blocks-popup-button-t435457.html
Gatthekid
09/03/2014 6:48 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Hunter
Ah yes. I remember the blocks page. (I've been using Planet Minecraft for years before I ever got a PMC account.) That was back when there wasn't many blocks at all and there weren't tabs in your inventory!
Jacob Rigoberto
09/03/2014 2:33 pm
Level 43 : Master Pokemon
What I miss is the "Blocks" page
CalPal_
09/03/2014 6:34 pm
Oh, me too
Though it's kinda obselete now. XD
Midnight
09/03/2014 1:47 pm
Level 46 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
The score was never removed. Go to members's list, tab over to Leaderboards, scroll to the bottom.

Random button has been suggested who knows how many times.
CalPal_
09/03/2014 1:57 pm
I see nothing of the kind, at least, what I'm talking about.
I know score still exists, I just want the ability to sort the leaderboards by it.
XP isn't a very good indicator of how good of a blogger you are. It's a good indicator of how many google views your blogs get.
TerraNovaServers
09/03/2014 1:23 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
I'd like this. Not only would it make PMC fun, but I'd start an entire series on YT on it! Like, just clicking the random project button and recording what I find, showcasing it, etc.
Poshtoffee
09/03/2014 12:44 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Scribe
Score...tis just a memory...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome