Recommending A Server For.. | Unfair Method?

fuzz200's Avatar fuzz2008/27/11 1:03 am
1 emeralds 587 9
9/7/2011 9:26 am
Unsquarable's Avatar Unsquarable
Recommend this server for 5 diamonds!
Recommend this server to have a builder status!
Recommend this server to be able to spawn stuff!

That is all I see on the "most popular" server gallery located at the top of the server page or even on the home page of Planet Minecraft.

I am personally annoyed by this method of gaining popularity. I think it undermines
other servers which get their recommends by people genuinely liking the server for what it is. Some of these servers aren't even online or have owners who take care of their servers. I as a server owner will never use this method to gain recommendations or favorites just to top lists on the server page or to get on the front page of Planet Minecraft.

Share your opinions with me ...

-Fuzz200
fuzz200
Level 22 : Expert Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

deathmarine
09/07/2011 9:21 am
Level 46 : Master Zombie
I've ran 2 - 3 servers at a time. I don't repost mine or offer unfair methods. I figured I would get noticed on merit and I tried the donating bit but it doesn't work. I get more help from affiliation then donations. What I don't understand why some need to over embellish ridiculous stats and/or delete comments, about they're server.
Unsquarable
09/07/2011 9:26 am
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
I actually re-posted mine once or twice , the first time i joined planetminecraft .I just got completely pushed off the first page by a bunch of small low slots servers that were obviously going to be gone in 2 days. I can't wait for the multilayer browsers in minecraft and never have to deal with all these websites with horrible systems. ( these website , that's really towards voting list websites )
Unsquarable
09/07/2011 9:05 am
Level 39 : Artisan Miner
I dislike the white list applications in comments to gain extra comments and views. Do i have to turn my server into a white list to climb the top of the charts? Really? or give frivolous prizes that my established players do not have access to ? That's a bunch gibberish.

I agree with this thread.
MistraleWhat I don't get is why it's worth using cheap tactics to gain popularity... do they get paid the more people they get on a server or something? o__o
Well , depending on how you run things , more views is always some how increasing the possible donations you get , but players have to enjoy your server to even consider it.

I believe there's a certain balance that has to be kept when it comes to donations. On one hand you want to reward players that donate and give them perks that do not interfere with the game play of non-donators. I think the best example of this would be League of Legends. On one hand players that pay for services are not getting any kind of game advantage over their opponents , only cosmetics or a way to lower the time consuming grinds that you need to achieve max levels or currency.

But some servers give god for 5$ on pvp servers , ridiculous.

I do not claim of knowing such a perfect recipe , the problem with giving perks that are nice in minecraft is that people are always abusing them and you end up with not being able to give anything descent to the rest of them. I believe the more the games progresses/closer to completion , it will be a lot more balanced for good servers.

I wish that there were a lot more options for the bukkit junkies out there to code with , but they really don't have much to play with , they are very limited but still very imaginative with what they are given to work with.

The day we can offer cosmetic changes to players as a perk , such as different colors or armors , without any kind of client side plugin , it will be much better.

horrible English , but it's still early.
BusyChris
08/27/2011 1:42 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Mountaineer
This whole i will give diamonds for a 1 up really annoys me... First off they never really give you ANYTHING so don't fall for it, plus usually the server sucks... I never liked the servers that say that anyways. Maybe it's just a grab for failing servers.

GrizzlyAmish
08/27/2011 1:28 am
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
We've talked about this.. can't remember where the thread is..
ANYWHO, please report any servers you see like this. This method is considered "bribery".
fuzz200
08/27/2011 1:15 am
Level 22 : Expert Engineer
The reason it bothers me is because others who create servers which are amazing usually get out recommended by these "recommend for.." kind of servers
nnana
08/27/2011 1:11 am
Level 36 : Artisan Spider Rider
I ignore any server that does that crap. It especially annoys me when those tactics are most popular in PVP servers. It's pretty obvious who the hell is going to win in a PVP match if you're giving away free diamonds. |D I wish there were a good PVP server where people are actually mature. But alas.

What I don't get is why it's worth using cheap tactics to gain popularity... do they get paid the more people they get on a server or something? o__o
OriginalGoomba
08/27/2011 1:09 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Caveman
Yea i think its wrong just to give away ''spawned'' diamonds for recomending their server so it ains popularity. If anything its just plain lying to the player.
hazor96
08/27/2011 1:07 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Blacksmith
people with no lifes who think having the most "liked" server will make them feel better but everyone knows that they need to get a life ( kinda repetitive )
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome