Rules on multi-res resource packs?

Ringoster's Avatar Ringoster11/4/14 8:31 pm
1 emeralds 249 8
11/4/2014 9:41 pm
Ringoster's Avatar Ringoster
I was wondering about a line in PMC's rules that states "Multiple resource packs for different sizes of the same textures" as being disallowed. I see popular packs such as BDCraft and LBPR splitting their resolutions into multiple projects... so why would that not be allowed?
Planning to release a pack with four different resolutions tomorrow, just wanted clarification on that.
Ringoster
Level 59 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/04/2014 9:41 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Ringoster
I suppose it'll be a lot easier for me to maintain a single project than four separate ones. Won't get as many diamonds... not that I really care about that, anyway.

It is a bit annoying to have to list my pack under a single resolution, though.
11/04/2014 9:34 pm
Level 40 : Master Architect
nammerbom
The project may have been updated, but because sphax is so popular and because it would cause many problems to erase all of the projects, they probably ignore the fact that such a popular resource pack ignores this rule. Also, the resource pack has been posted on here for 3 years, so even if they update their project, it doesn't really go against the rules. So no you shouldn't report it because it would just cause a hassle for admins
11/04/2014 9:39 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
Oh...

Well now you tell me. I just sent in a report.

Hopefully they won't mind. It is their job. Maybe we'll get a formal response.

Anyway, if you would like to post all the resolutions despite the rule, simply put them all on one page instead of giving them each their own entry. That way it isn't so spammy.
11/04/2014 9:27 pm
Patchpen

Alright then, so since sphax was updated two months ago, and the rules were last updated three months ago...

After looking through the comments of sphax I found... absolutely nothing.

Should I report it?
11/04/2014 8:38 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Runninlikcraz
Why would they have that?
11/04/2014 8:36 pm
Patchpen
I think that's part of a Grandfather Clause.

Basically, those texture packs existed before the rule against them did, so they get to stay.

I could be wrong, I am rather new here.
11/04/2014 8:42 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
Sphax PureBDCraft was updated two months ago, though, and I'm pretty sure that the rule against multiple posts for different resolution of the same pack has existed for more than two months.
11/04/2014 9:32 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
The updating doesn't matter. You need to look at the post date. All Sphax posts were made 3 years ago, so they are allowed to remain.

But if anyone were to try that now, it would be against the rules.

Patchpen...Should I report it?

No need to report it, it's fine. But usually it's best to ask a mod if something is against the rules instead of the community.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome