Sharing projects, servers, mods, blogs

sa5mmm's Avatar sa5mmm12/17/13 3:43 pm
12/18/2013 9:13 pm
funny bunny's Avatar funny bunny
Is there a way to make it so that you can share the administration of a project, server, mod, or blog? I know blog doesn't make that much sense. But lets say Me and a few other people were building a map. Then I posted it on PMC. But they have PMC accounts too. How would I make it so that we can all manage that project that I posted on our own PMC accounts?
sa5mmm
Level 37 : Artisan Zombie

Create an account or sign in to comment.

funny bunny
12/18/2013 9:13 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Meh I dont do collabs so I don't really care
Seivelath
12/18/2013 9:11 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Another example is ThePMCCatalouge, which is a co-account owned by me and rusty, which shows how you should do your about me. http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/thepmccatalogue/
(not advertising, just showing)
ChrisandGeorge
12/18/2013 3:39 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
I have a joint account
'ChrisANDGeorge'
Teddy
12/18/2013 3:08 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Skinner
We allow Group Accounts at this very moment, otherwise we have no way to do this.

Please be aware that if you create a group account and one of your members gets banned (even just for a day) they may not access the group account under any circumstances before the ban has passed as this breaks our rules.
sa5mmm
12/18/2013 3:21 pm
Cool, How do you make a group account? Is it just a normal account that you share, or something else?
Teddy
12/18/2013 3:25 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Just a normal account. Make sure to list the members in your About Me. Be aware that everyone that knows the accounts info is responsible for it.
sa5mmm
12/18/2013 3:28 pm
Cool thanks.
sa5mmm
12/17/2013 4:18 pm
Interesting. I assumed it could be done like this. Having a tab when you edit the project/whatever that says manage project members. Then you'd type in their PMC account and a message would be sent to them asking "Is it okay that you are counted as a creator of Such and such project/whatever?" if they say yes. Then their name would be posted as one of the creators of the project. and they could manage it as well. I also think that the person who posted it could put permissions on it as well. Like Say I posted a server and Only I know the votifier info then I'd make it so that my managed project members couldn't edit or look at that stuff. But Maybe I want them to help me edit the main description and manage the update log. But I could always remove the member if they abused the power or something.
BitBox
12/17/2013 3:48 pm
Level 42 : Master Modder
This should defiantly be added!

If you had a customisable number of sliders on the submission page, then upped the slider on how much effort they put it, you could then have a text box with the URL of the user who helped.

I do some coding and I know this wouldn't be impossible.
Azie
12/17/2013 3:52 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
I'd guess that one of the reasons why this isn't implemented is because of all the potential complications regarding ownership. With the current system, disputes regarding a group of people who all want to claim ownership can easily be dismissed by basically stating "you made the decision to let this member of your group post it". With group accounts or group project administration, things get a lot more complicated on the moderation end of things.
Seivelath
12/17/2013 3:56 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network
Oh god the nightmares this would cause. Yeah, I'ma side with Azie on this one. Hasn't let me down before, though I do admit one time she nearly got my leg bit off by a shark...
Azie
12/17/2013 3:47 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
It's impossible. Only one of you can have access to editing the submission, the person that posts it to PMC.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome