Signing Out Problem

Boomer's Avatar Boomer5/16/11 7:03 pm
1 emeralds 530 7
5/21/2011 12:37 am
Boomer's Avatar Boomer
I have found that for some reasons after long periods of time, when I click sign out up in the upper right corner of the screen is reloads the page but doesn't sign me out... I don't know if that just has to do with the cookies with my browser or what. For the most part when it does this I have to clear the cookies my browser has saved up, and then reload the page.
Boomer
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Zombie

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/20/2011 12:10 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
That is strange. Your problem is actually the solution for the de-sync that happens when you are only signed in on half. You should be able to log out from the regular side (planetminecraft.com/) and then log back in on either. Post your browser info so Cyprezz can take a look.
05/21/2011 12:37 am
Boomer
Browser info..?

Browser: Safari
Version: Version 5.0.4 (5533.20.27)
05/19/2011 11:16 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Mountaineer
GrizzlyAmish
This may help a bit:
When using Internet Explorer 9, I've been having this same issue.
I have recently switched over to using Google Chrome, and never had this issue occur again.
Not sure if it's the same issue for Firefox.
05/19/2011 11:09 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
The forums and the main site are separately signed in, though you log into both from the login form, they are not actually coded for the same session, but rather parallel sessions. I think that the forums use a cookie and the regular site uses something else. Either way, the forums periodically timeout, causing some interesting login errors.
05/20/2011 12:45 am
Boomer
I don't mean the forums though, it seems it more or less happens when the forums says I am not logged in, it ends up causing me to not be able to log out from the non forum side of the website.
05/19/2011 1:01 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Pegasus
Smink
im not sure how to fix it but why would you want to sign out
05/19/2011 1:37 am
Boomer
More of a pet peeve really, as I usually only log in on my laptop.... I just like to sign out sometimes.... even when I have to clear the cookies from my browser for it to register that I had signed out.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome