Some Site Suggestions

MC_Warp's Avatar MC_Warp11/22/13 7:58 pm
11/23/2013 4:37 am
IceMagic's Avatar IceMagic
Hello. I would just like to give my opinion on what would be cool if the site had these.

1. An updated response system. Possibly where someone can press bold/center/Underline/ etc and it function it automatically. I.E. Someone presses the bold button and the text is bold then without the preview button.
2. A "Deactivate Account" Button that requires the user's email, password, and an email notification is sent to verify the ending.
3. Making it possible for average users to make small contests.
4. Making a Thread for people wanting to offer their help to others.
5. A higher allowance for the dem. of a picture/image.
6. PMC privately picking an elite group of reviewers to review servers and other things.
7. Giving people the opportunity to change their username twice for free, but after that is costs .99$(Example Amount) each time.
8. More Threads under the Reviews in the Blogs Section. I.E. - Servers, People, Resource Packs, etc.

That is all that I have right now.
MC_Warp
Level 10 : Journeyman Dolphin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

IceMagic
11/23/2013 4:37 am
Level 28 : Expert Dragonborn
Azie
cdawg020499Hello. I would just like to give my opinion on what would be cool if the site had these.

1. An updated response system. Possibly where someone can press bold/center/Underline/ etc and it function it automatically. I.E. Someone presses the bold button and the text is bold then without the preview button.
2. A "Deactivate Account" Button that requires the user's email, password, and an email notification is sent to verify the ending.
6. PMC privately picking an elite group of reviewers to review servers and other things.
7. Giving people the opportunity to change their username twice for free, but after that is costs .99$(Example Amount) each time.
8. More Threads under the Reviews in the Blogs Section. I.E. - Servers, People, Resource Packs, etc.

1. Our response system works fine. For comments, you simply highlight the text you want to be bolded/underlined/italisized and press a button. What you're describing could only happen in the forum if BBCode was unused, which makes no sense for a forum.

2. For a user side, it makes sense, but we like to have records of people's accounts. A decactivate account button is too easily abused to evade bans and encourages multi-accounting, which we don't allow.

3. It is possible by posting in the Community Challenges section of the forum. Making it somehow "official" will likely never happen since a.) competition would be pretty fierce for contest slots and b.) it would most likely promote complaints of "favoritism" regarding whose ideas were chosen.

4. That's what General Help, Minecraft Help, and Server Help are for.

5. The file size is actually rather large as it is. Jacking up the maximum file size and dimensions would force both parts of the site layout to be changed and stress servers more than they often already are.

6. The idea of not having reviewers is so we don't have people confused on whether or not we actually "I'm from PMC, give me OP" or not. Also this idea could easily give people another reason to shout "mod abuse" and claim we play favorites with the most popular members, which we do not.

7. You can already change your name once if you misspelled (or for some similar/other reasonable reason). You just have to message a Super Mod or higher. I really disagree with charging people for name changes. Not only does it promote abuse of the name system-- we don't allow name changes to escape past history or reputation, with very few exceptions-- but it also turns PMC into a money pit. This place is about community, not how much money we make. http://www.planetminecraft.com/team

8. We are still debating on whether or not to allow non-Minecraft related reviews to be posted in the blog section. Until we make a firm decision on the matter, reviews will always belong in the forum.

7. http://store.planetminecraft.com/
Mister_Fix
11/23/2013 4:36 am
Level 32 : Artisan Electrician
teamades
PMC isn't here to make money. It's here so players like you can have fun.

News flash: http://store.planetminecraft.com/
SpongyBacon
11/23/2013 4:20 am
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
cdawg0204996. PMC privately picking an elite group of reviewers to review servers and other things.

The problem with this is that it make it even harder for new servers to become noticed. The whole reason for the 'Recently Updated' part is to get newer/less popular servers noticed, and having reviews next would make people reluctant to join unreviewed servers.

Just my viewpoint, great ideas though
Team
11/23/2013 2:59 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Azie
7. You can already change your name once if you misspelled (or for some similar/other reasonable reason). You just have to message a Super Mod or higher. I really disagree with charging people for name changes. Not only does it promote abuse of the name system-- we don't allow name changes to escape past history or reputation, with very few exceptions-- but it also turns PMC into a money pit. This place is about community, not how much money we make. http://www.planetminecraft.com/team

Lol a little bad time Azie. Right when the shop came out
-Kali-
11/22/2013 10:47 pm
Level 23 : Expert Network

You can already change ur username. changeyername-t125980.html
Azie
11/22/2013 10:25 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
cdawg020499Hello. I would just like to give my opinion on what would be cool if the site had these.

1. Our response system works fine. For comments, you simply highlight the text you want to be bolded/underlined/italisized and press a button. What you're describing could only happen in the forum if BBCode was unused, which makes no sense for a forum.

2. For a user side, it makes sense, but we like to have records of people's accounts. A decactivate account button is too easily abused to evade bans and encourages multi-accounting, which we don't allow.

3. It is possible by posting in the Community Challenges section of the forum. Making it somehow "official" will likely never happen since a.) competition would be pretty fierce for contest slots and b.) it would most likely promote complaints of "favoritism" regarding whose ideas were chosen.

4. That's what General Help, Minecraft Help, and Server Help are for.

5. The file size is actually rather large as it is. Jacking up the maximum file size and dimensions would force both parts of the site layout to be changed and stress servers more than they often already are.

6. The idea of not having reviewers is so we don't have people confused on whether or not we actually "I'm from PMC, give me OP" or not. Also this idea could easily give people another reason to shout "mod abuse" and claim we play favorites with the most popular members, which we do not.

8. We are still debating on whether or not to allow non-Minecraft related reviews to be posted in the blog section. Until we make a firm decision on the matter, reviews will always belong in the forum.
Luis
11/22/2013 10:20 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
cdawg020499

The forums use BBCode, it's not a choice we have

cdawg020499

Just leave your account and never log back in

cdawg020499

community-challenges-f42.html

cdawg020499

shops-and-requests-f51.html

cdawg020499

You don't need it to be any larger, since the space that the image is constricted to is set, so having an overly high resolution won't do anything to help

cdawg020499

PMC never has and never will employ reviewers, it will just cause masqueraders and conflicts

cdawg020499

You already can for free if it's for a good reason by contacting a Super Mod

cdawg020499

That's the problem of the bloggers who contribute to the site, not PMC
shinadafan2012
11/22/2013 10:08 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
cdawg020499

This would be nice. I don't want to go hunting in the forums looking for contests.
MC_Warp
11/22/2013 9:50 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dolphin
teamades

Good Idea, might not be possible though or contain many glitches.
This is a good idea!
Yeah umm probably never gonna happen cause you don't know if the user will scam the player or not. Then PMC can get in trouble.
I agree on this!
I'm pretty sure there is a reason this can't happen.
Do you know how many people say, "Hi I'm from PMC OP me. And there is SO many servers. I can't really say this is a good idea.
Ehh not the best idea cause people should post it when posting there project.

About the reviewers, they wouldn't be told to go and say "I'm from PMC OP Me." They would be told to review discretely.

And about the name change. I realize this, but I was just saying a price because people shouldn't change their username everyday.
Team
11/22/2013 8:07 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn

Good Idea, might not be possible though or contain many glitches.
This is a good idea!
Yeah umm probably never gonna happen cause you don't know if the user will scam the player or not. Then PMC can get in trouble.
I agree on this!
I'm pretty sure there is a reason this can't happen.
Do you know how many people say, "Hi I'm from PMC OP me. And there is SO many servers. I can't really say this is a good idea.
Ehh not the best idea cause people should post it when posting there project.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome