Is there a way to make money from skins?

jasteele96's Avatar jasteele967/16/13 4:06 pm
1 emeralds 10.2k 12
7/17/2013 3:04 am
RCXcrafter's Avatar RCXcrafter
Hey everybody, i have been making minecraft skins for a long time now and was wondering if there was a way i could earn some money off of it to help me get better stuff to do it with. Ive made some nice ones that were big hits but just looking for ways to make some off of it. Are there any ways? Thanks for helping
jasteele96
Level 22 : Expert Taco

Create an account or sign in to comment.

RCXcrafter
07/17/2013 3:04 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Cyborg
If someone buys a skin and actually wears it poeple could steal it with skinstealer, thus getting it for free while someone else paid for it. So selling skins is not a good idea.
mineman5787
07/17/2013 2:51 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
sinizterdzineYou can't sell things on pmc
i know that i am saying if you made one for a random person on a random part of the internet and asked for money and this the the amount that you would get
BobTheGodly
07/17/2013 2:50 am
Level 48 : Master Modder
(Ad link removed) like the best bet. You could try making your own site for your work and get money from each visit if you can get ads on it.

On the site you can add donation buttons and have people do requests. I would say do the requests for free if you are gonna try for ads or (Ad link removed)

You could try making T-shirts on http://www.cafepress.com, but you will need to apply for an employer identification number before you can collect a royalty check, in america that would cost around 200 usd.

Note: You can put a link to your site in your works. If the site host allows it you can even do (Ad link removed) it but its not recommended to do so if you already have ads. In order to place ads you need to be 18.
deadrecon98
07/17/2013 2:47 am
Level 38 : Artisan Programmer
I would NEVER pay for a skin. It's not an original idea. I would pay for the source code for thaumcraft 3!
BobTheGodly
07/17/2013 2:55 am
Level 48 : Master Modder
But would you watch an advertisement for a skin probably. make a donation probably not.

Modding is far more views and downloads than a skin though

skins < Texture packs < Mods
skins take 20 min for a good one
texture packs take multiple hours
Mods especially learning java will take months to years for a good one.
mineman5787
07/17/2013 2:39 am
you could make per resource pack 50cents-$35 per pack
per skin 10cents-$5
per mod 50 cents-$20
per server $5-$500
per map 5cents-$10
-Rusty
07/17/2013 2:46 am
Level 48 : Master Answer
You can't sell things on PMC.

And I doubt anyone will pay you to make a skin or texture pack, unless it's for a serious adventure map maker.

EDIT: There are already plenty of great skins, maps, texture packs, and mods out there.
ItsKriller
07/16/2013 9:40 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Narwhal
The only thing I can think of is if you message up and coming youtubers. You would just message them and ask them if they want you to make them a custom skin and show them some of your past creations.

You can't really make money off of skins though because so many people make them for free, nobody would be interested in it really.

Parka's Texture Pack idea is pretty good though so if you can make texture packs then you might be able to make a little bit of money off of that.
usa
07/16/2013 4:19 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
I think it would be better to do texture (Resource) packs if you're looking to make money.

You could make them for server owners so they could have their own custom texture (nope, Resource) pack. I wouldn't want to pay someone for a skin, but I mean, maybe some big Youtubers or something would be more than happy to. A texture (UGH *resource) pack take loads of time to make, however, and since sometimes resource packs are needed to get the wanted experience, I would be much more likely to pay someone for a unique, nicely made texture pack.

If you aren't into texture (*resource) packs, however, you can always use something like (Ad link removed) (Ad link removed). The only problem with this is you have to make a truly great skin that a lot of people would like. You can also do this with texture (dear God *resource) packs, maps, or anything else you make.

Just my take on it, it could be easier to make money off your skins, I don't know.

Have a good day!
macodys
07/16/2013 4:15 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
Hmm try massage people who want minecraft skins or search in google or in forums people who want minecraft skins!
SjS_SjSGuns
07/16/2013 4:10 pm
Level 24 : Expert Crafter
jasteele96Hey everybody, i have been making minecraft skins for a long time now and was wondering if there was a way i could earn some money off of it to help me get better stuff to do it with. Ive made some nice ones that were big hits but just looking for ways to make some off of it. Are there any ways? Thanks for helping

On level 20 you post adfly links but thats about it
mineman5787
07/16/2013 4:09 pm
A skinning company but you can not sell anything with a price on pmc sorry
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome