Update Log Abuse?

IcecreamCow's Avatar IcecreamCow12/11/12 6:14 am
12/11/2012 12:07 pm
ZaphodX's Avatar ZaphodX
Hello,

I have a server on the server list and as soon as I started using the "bump" feature that works every 24 hours, we got hit with a log abuse that disabled our submission. I sent in the request to re-enable it, but can a staff member tell me what's up? Aside from that we maybe make a post to the update log once every week or two. Before that it was maybe a month apart.

I'm basically afraid to make any posts or use the bump feature which is recommended by the button itself until I know exactly what WON'T get the server in the list disabled.

Thanks.
IcecreamCow
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/11/2012 12:07 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
I don't know why Vrej did that. Servers can't abuse the update log anyway. I'll speak to him.
12/11/2012 11:21 am
Level 36 : Artisan Dragon
Lord_Sauron_
All this talk of update log abuse and legitimate updates...
I am rather tempted to go and find something to update now, if it is really so helpful there is a rule against abusing it! xP
12/11/2012 9:34 am
IcecreamCow
http://imgur.com/xedxX

Here's an image of all our activity.

They are now removed (which shows blank spots, as I deleted them to show some kind of activity to get it unbanned, could a staff member please remove the now blank posts?)

The first one, which is 7 days ago, was referencing a new rewards system we have on the server.

The one before, which was 15 days ago, was referencing two large server contests we were running.

I don't think either of those, so spread apart would count as any kind of spam or "bumping"?
12/11/2012 9:05 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Caveman
Ragnur Le Barbare
The update log on submissions, unlike on the forums, cannot be used every 24 hours to bump your server. In order to post an update on a submission, you have to make significant changes to it (for example, modifying parts of a project/skin, adding new maps/game modes/ plugins on your server, etc.).

By clicking the request reactivation link, you agree on not using the update log to bump anymore. Further update log abuse will lead to the deletion of your submission.

Hoping it's a bit more clear now
12/11/2012 9:29 am
IcecreamCow
Hi there. Thanks for a response.

The last two submissions were not bumps but in fact updates to our community/server. I've removed their contents as of now as I wasn't sure what to "fix" on our submission. We never used the log to bump and the last two posts were probably a week or two apart.

The only thing new that we started doing was using your "bump" feature on the page which suggests to use it every 24 hours.
12/11/2012 8:54 am
Level 44 : Master Network
dunem666
a moderator will have left a note on your post at the top with their name.

you can request a review and it will get sorted out
12/11/2012 8:53 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
I just checked your submission, and you made 2 update logs saying " " (which is nothing by the way). That would be update log abuse because there are no updates you put. You just decided to bump it to the top.
12/11/2012 8:55 am
IcecreamCow
The message I had said that I had to "fix" my page before they would review it for un-banning. I had no idea what to fix so I just took my previous two log updates and removed them. They weren't spammy and reflected updates done to our server, but there was nothing else for me to really "fix" so I was hoping that did the trick, haha.
12/11/2012 8:50 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Crafter
loganzim
they did that to my other chanel to lvl 56 down to 1
12/11/2012 8:04 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Teddy
I do that too! No worries.
Look through the list and see if a name jogs your memory, if not feel free to contact another Site Moderator and ask them nicely who disabled your server post.

Lord_Sauron_Out of curiosity, when your submission is removed, does it tell you which moderator to contact or should you message a random mod who can then tell you why?

It should tell you who removed it via PM. If it is disabled then it will be in your comments.
12/11/2012 8:00 am
IcecreamCow
Ah, shoot.

I just deleted the comment after I hit the button to request it be re-enabled. Can't remember exactly what the name was though sadly. I've been up for quite some time now and my brain isn't fully functional, haha.
12/11/2012 7:32 am
Level 36 : Artisan Dragon
Lord_Sauron_
Out of curiosity, when your submission is removed, does it tell you which moderator to contact or should you message a random mod who can then tell you why?
12/11/2012 7:06 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Skinner
Teddy
I suggest contacting the moderator that disabled your submission via PM and asking nicely.
Here is a list of moderators and their profiles, http://www.planetminecraft.com/team/

Hope you get this sorted.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome