Using PS3 parts with a PC?

Civeberg's Avatar Civeberg12/25/15 12:39 pm
1 emeralds 228 3
12/25/2015 7:27 pm
Noctris's Avatar Noctris
I've spent the past year slowly upgrading my computer parts to make a gaming computer, and I just got these awesome HQ sound speakers for christmas. I don't use my Ps3 any longer however, and don't have any games on my PC yet so I don't know how well it runs (other than minecraft)

Is there any parts I can take from the PS3 to add to my PC? I know the motherboard and OS obviously wouldn't work, but would the hard drive, ram, etc? (I have a playstation slim 60gb)
Civeberg
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/25/2015 7:27 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Should be able to but keep in mind that the sony ps3 hdd is around 15 times slower then the ssd
12/25/2015 1:19 pm
Level 29 : Expert Lumberjack
Civeberg
Ok thanks! I have an SSD right now, would I be able to install both the PS3 one and that onto my computer for some extra space?
12/25/2015 12:51 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer
Noctris
Nop, Nop and Nop,

Sorry to disappoint you.

Basically the only thing that you COULD use is the Hard Drive, but the hard drives in the PS3 are slower then the ones that go into the PC, so you would make your PC worse by doing so, as for the other components, they are directly welded on the PS3 motherboard, and work on a completely different architecture then the PC so not compatible with each other.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome