Voting for mobs 2023check_circle_outline

POSTAL Doe's Avatar POSTAL Doe10/7/23 3:05 am history
10/9/2023 10:35 am
POSTAL Doe's Avatar POSTAL Doe
Voting for mobs 2023

Voting is coming soon and I'm interested to know your opinion.

Who would you like to see in Minecraft?

Well, I, in turn, will tell you exactly what we know about mobs. I won’t imagine how these mobs could be implemented because the developers are unlikely to make mobs the way you could imagine.

Well let's start.

Crab - it will be located in the mangrove swamp biome. We know this. However, you shouldn’t expect him to crawl along vertical blocks like in the video. Spiders have existed in Minecraft for a long time and their animation of crawling on vertical blocks is not similar to how spiders would do it in life, so it’s unlikely that crabs will be able to climb walls and vertical surfaces at all. Don't expect crab meat or crab sticks to be added to the game with it. Most likely this will not happen. To breed crab you need kelp. Well, and most importantly, his claw. It will allow you to place blocks and break blocks at a greater distance. Do not hit at a greater distance. The developers didn't say anything about this in the video, so don't expect them to add it.
They only talked about place blocks and break blocks at a greater distance , and in the fifth video related to voting for mobs, it was said that the claw would allow you to place blocks at a greater distance (if it was not a translation error). Well, it’s not clear what distance we’re talking about, maybe a distance of plus one block is also a long distance for them.

Armadillo - everything is simple here. Lives in the savannah, drops dog armor plates. Again, don’t expect that this armor can be enchanted, painted, and templates applied to it. The armor for a dog is not bad, but the dog's artificial intelligence is not very good. They get stuck in blocks when teleporting to you if you are digging tunnels, they can throw each other into the void if you took them to the end and make a path from blocks between the islands, the dog can also fall from a height or into lava, and also fall into the fire . But the armadillo will delight with its presence, because the savanna is practically empty at the moment, and it is unknown when it will be renewed.

Penguin - . . . He will live in the rocky shore biome. Penguins will gather in groups, they will swim as fast as dolphins and speed up the boat.
Don’t expect him to bring you items that you dropped into the water, and even more so, the developers won’t add you a floating ship with him. This mob will have its child version (lol and on Bedrock Edition almost all mobs have child versions). It is not clear how exactly he will accelerate the boat, obviously on the water, but it is not a fact that the Penguin will do this if he is put in a boat. Well, on a road made of ice it is not needed at all. The boat goes very fast on the ice anyway.

Well, I told you everything that I currently know about mobs. Without any fiction. So who you vote for is up to you.

But at least think better.

P.S.: We need to think about whether our choice will really be useful. Just remember the same phantom, I know the situation is different, but still you shouldn’t make a choice purely on emotions.

Poll ended 10/12/2023 3:05 am.

POSTAL Doe
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart

Create an account or sign in to comment.

POSTAL Doe
10/09/2023 10:35 am
update
amateurpainter32
10/08/2023 3:03 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Architect
Why do people care so much about the usefulness of the mob. Like… it’s just a game dude
POSTAL Doe
10/08/2023 5:41 pm
history
Well then, go download the alpha version and play only that.
Dermugettum
10/08/2023 1:00 am
Level 22 : Expert Miner
Is it me, or are you giving armadillos and wolves a bad name? I don't see anything about how boats compare to other forms of transport, or how building blocks might not be fun for everyone voting but only the creative ones.

I can tell you put a lot of effort into analyzing these mob reveals, but I just thought I'd proofread a little.
POSTAL Doe
10/08/2023 2:29 am
Oh come on. The reputation of wolves in Minecraft was ruined long before me, and as for the armadillo; I didn't ruin his reputation. And why the hell should I compare boats with another type of transport? Other types of transport have nothing to do with voting; they clearly said “boats”.

Well, building materials will be useful. In a game where everyone is building something, don't you need a tool that will make it at least a little easier?
Dermugettum
10/08/2023 2:43 am
Level 22 : Expert Miner
history
There's a difference between a really bad mob and a neglected one. The armor is clearly a chance to update the wolves, and only players who don't think about leashing their wolves or making them sit are going to lose them.

Other types of transport do matter for those who wouldn't use a boat as often. They wouldn't use a penguin as an aid if they used nether portals for quicker travel, or if they had a riptide trident or elytra or etc. etc. Even if they needed a boat at some point they might not want to use it for the rest of the survival experience.

I'm not riffing on your detailed mob summary or anything. Just clearing things up.
ScotsMiser
10/08/2023 3:49 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
RE dog barding: My impression from discussions of various suggested forms of this is that a portion of the players (I won't hazard what proportion, b.c persons reply to suggestions tend to be more technical players) wanted barding at least as much for the 'cool' as for the function.
As a side note putting dogs in minecart {esp. for skeleton farms} or boats {for breeding} is superior to sit and/or leash. I've been set alight by a dog teleporting to me after surviving a lightning strike, although this is admittedly a very rare thing even allowing for how unusual it is to need the dog to have a sky view…

For minecarted dogs that are part of skeleton farms, barding would minimize damage from the occasional skeleton equiped with thorns armor – thus maximising the time between feedings / dispensed splash healing potions / replacement ☹️

RE penguins: Rereading the OP, I realized I had not though through the implications of "but it is not a fact that the Penguin will do this if he is put in a boat".
I had assumed [​without evidence 😖 ] the the penguin would either ride in the boat to produce this effect or do so as dolphins bestow inflict Dolphin's Grace Curse; a third sort of possibility occurs to me, that the penguin provide this benifit while swimming near the boat AND leashed to the player or being guided by some fish_on_a_stick type item…

Should the second or third possibility be true, penguins could not be used to gain a speed advantage in the nether.

Should the third be true (either subvariant), Penguin Boat Roads [​PBRs] would require a continuous waterway, probably[?] full (not waterlogged) blocks and potentially limited to source blocks (eg running into flowing water would kill the effect). Nor is it impossible the a PBR might need to be more than 1-deep to allow the effect [​given things like fish/guardian spawning & the recent changes to fishing for treasure requirements].

tl/dr
Overall, the conclusion remains that (while there are interesting possibilities for each of these) MS/Mj provides far too little information on their intentions to allow an informed choice.
Also, many players will likely be casting their votes based on assumptions (probably erroneous) not supported by the released info. Thus even players whose mob wins may well be in for disappointment ☠️
POSTAL Doe
10/08/2023 4:13 am
That's what it's all about. I'm here trying to destroy your expectations so that you understand that you don't need to wait for something good. I talked about the uncertainty with the crab's claw, about the dog's intelligence, which is not very good, and about the uncertainty with the acceleration of the boat. In fact, everything that these mobs offer can be used, even if these chips are made through the ass. Even though Allai was not as useful as he could have been, he still has a use.
POSTAL Doe
10/08/2023 3:08 am
Look. The dogs will have armor, good. The developers said that they would improve the dogs? No. And what does it mean? This means that their intellect will remain a piece of shit. Nobody promised us to improve the intelligence of dogs. Well, if you put armor on them, they will still fall from a height, into lava, into the void, climb into fire, into hell, get stuck in blocks and all those stupid things that they kill themselves on.

That's what you say. Other modes of transportation will be important for those who do not use a boat often. How does this relate to voting if the penguin speeds up the boat and only the boat? How should other modes of transportation treat voting? There was no talk about them at all unless you want to say that armor for a dog will make it possible to ride on it, but that definitely won’t happen.
POSTAL Doe
10/08/2023 3:15 am
history
I'm not saying that armor for dogs is bad. It would be super and I would be one of the first to go choose an armadillo, but dogs in Minecraft are stupid. Why do you think that they will be made smarter? Developers would rather make these items worse than our expectations, let alone update what is associated with them, for example, the intelligence of a dog. . . Better not hope for it. I just want you to make a choice not out of stupid hopes, so that you don’t regret your choice later.

And it’s not just the armadillo, the penguin is generally useless in my opinion, its only advantage is that it’s cute; The crab is not cute at all, not everything is clear about its claw. Armadillo, he has one significant advantage: he is a mob for the savannah and the armor is not bad, but damn these dogs. I can’t even imagine how much armor you can spend on them.
PreClassicAlpha
10/07/2023 2:25 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
I don't know.
POSTAL Doe
10/07/2023 2:30 pm
ok
Delet3d
10/07/2023 10:28 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Artist
curious
ScotsMiser
10/07/2023 5:42 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
history
A nicely factual bit or reporting; I don't see anything you've missed or overstated cheers:

EDIT:
To the poll question: I'd rather the development time/money were spent elsewhere…
POSTAL Doe
10/07/2023 6:24 am
Thank you. That's what I thought. The whole point was to describe these mobs exactly as they were presented to us, without the "maybe" thinking. On my own behalf, I just want to add that it’s bad when such important details are not immediately clarified to us, such as exactly how much distance will be increased when using a crab claw and whether the penguin will speed up the boat when he sits in it.
POSTAL Doe
10/07/2023 3:07 am
And done
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome