What makes someone Subscribe? [PMC]

sharkf1n's Avatar sharkf1n1/30/12 6:32 am
1/31/2012 8:22 am
ginga_ninja99's Avatar ginga_ninja99
Today while "surfing" Planet Minecraft, I took to notice the amount of subscribers compared to a user's work.

It seemed that some who did a bunch of rip offs or lower skill texture pack or skins would have more subs than some who did good quality skins, and sorta kept quiet and just churned out work.

The ones with lower quality work also seemed to have heaps of posts, and often asked for subs/diamonds.

This isn't an attack on anyone. All I'm wondering is what makes you sub personally?
Is it someone asking, or someone being similar to you? Maybe some people just do good work, or others have done one thing you like. Whatever it is, I'd like to know about it
sharkf1n
Level 41 : Master Blob

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/31/2012 8:22 am
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
ginga_ninja99
i really dont sub to much ppl because if its a really good skin its usually a copie that's just my experience
01/31/2012 8:19 am
Level 82 : Elite Architect
lynchyinc
When I see something that catches my eye and obviously took a lot of time and effort to make - I'll look through the members other submissions and if there's some good builds there I'll usually subscribe.

I see subscribing as a way of saying you support the members work more than anything.
01/31/2012 8:07 am
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
Haha. Well, atleast you tried. ^-^
01/30/2012 5:14 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
I sub because either:
a) They made/built/wrote something I like
b) They are a friend
c) They continuously put out good work
01/30/2012 5:14 pm
Level 43 : Master Fox
Fokkusu
Pretty and ncie things which has taken some thought.

Moving this to the correct area nao.
01/31/2012 1:16 am
Level 41 : Master Blob
sharkf1n
Sorry I am not very active on forums so I didn't know where to post it! x_x
I was kinda derpy adn thought "okay, it is about minecraft.. and stuff in minecraft so.. MINECRAFT SECTION???"
01/30/2012 5:08 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Explorer
Lord Tristem
you know I haven't really thought about this I mean early on I subscribed to a few people don't remember why I need to come up with a standard rule for this since up until know I've mostly supported other peoples work by commenting on there projects and giving out diamonds.
01/30/2012 5:02 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
c danovich
i see that a lot yea, people who just sub the person in return for their sub and stuff like that.
the more talketive persons on the forums also tend to have more subs i think:D
01/30/2012 4:59 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Hero
Sneeze7
People may say its only because of high quality submissions, but i think also, if people want to "suck up" to someone or if they are friends on chat or other various places :3
01/30/2012 4:58 pm
Level 44 : Master Engineer
forro34
I subscribe when I really look forward to seeing more submissions by that user... I don't want my 'Submission activity' section to get spammed
01/30/2012 5:09 pm
Level 27 : Expert Spleefer
Hi_Peeps
What they said!
01/30/2012 4:56 pm
Level 40 : Master Musician
c danovich
i subscribe only when i see awesome work in the projects bar that isn't yet finished,
stuff like the pokemon kanto project 'n stuff:P
01/30/2012 6:48 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Network
Waystreet
To me is subscribing important, I'm subscribing people that i think have done a great work or is a fantastic person. If they have posted like 10 sites with skin, then i subscribe.. Always becouse that get them to working seriusly with skins and their hobby.
Subscribe is important from other people i think - They can see people as appreciate on your work.. I mean that is important and give strong to continue with that we are doing. This is what i mean.
- Choosler, a subscriber!
01/30/2012 6:47 am
Level 40 : Master Creeper Hugger
Miibo
i sub to people with epic and awsome submissions.also great personality
01/30/2012 6:45 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Princess
hot_sauce
I only sub to people I like on here, which is very few people, or if it's something incredibly impressive to me, which doesn't happen often.

I don't agree with the high quality submissions statement. I'm a crappy skinner and builder, yet I have a lot of subs. I think it's more of a subscription to the actual person for a lot of people.
01/30/2012 6:37 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
I personally sub if I notice I keep coming to someone's submissions to give them diamonds and favorites.
01/30/2012 6:37 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
In my opinion its all about only releasing high quality submissions. I have only subscribed to 2 people who I would really want to see what they release next.
01/30/2012 6:36 am
Level 82 : Elite Architect
bohtauri
well personally i would subscribe to someone if they make work I like or are planning to make stuff that i would use or want to check out.

I never subscribe to people if in the description asked for subscriptions, the work should speak for itself
01/30/2012 6:36 am
Level 36 : Artisan Demolitionist
Theattackcorgi
i subscribe to people who make awesome stuff
01/30/2012 6:35 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Blockhead
Nyaruko Yasaka
I subscribe to people who
1) Have good submissions
2) Are nice (personality, not just for show)
That's about it, actually.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome