What's the difference?

Jchico9's Avatar Jchico93/15/20 2:43 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 4
3/17/2020 4:26 pm
Sinus Productions's Avatar Sinus Productions
Hello all,

I am relatively new to Minecraft and I don't quite understand the difference between texture packs and file mirrors? I have downloaded and installed texture packs, but I can't seem to figure out how to use the mirror files. I have a Mac, not sure if that is an issue, but I can't seem to get the mirror files to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Jchico9
Level 12 : Journeyman Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Sinus Productions
03/17/2020 4:26 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Lava Rider
basically, a file mirror is an alternate download link
Glitchatron
03/17/2020 4:00 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Engineer
What is a file mirror?
Bertiecrafter
03/15/2020 3:00 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Engineer
history
Texture packs (Now called resource packs) are the zip files that you can throw in the resourcepacks folder to change textures, sounds, language files and more.

For each texture pack submission on Planet Minecraft, you can get a PMC download, or a File Mirror hosted by an external website. Some people prefer to use an external website, because it might give better insights or allow them to submit the same file to multiple minecraft communities. Both the normal submission download and the submission download over at the file mirror should be equal. I have no clue why the file downloaded from the File Mirror (like MediaFire) would be different from the file downloaded from PMC directly.

TL;DR A "texture pack" is a special kind of .zip file that follows a specified structure in order to be recognized and used by Minecraft. A "file mirror" is (a download link to) an exteral file host, instead of PMC.
A-N-T
03/15/2020 5:26 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
i just saw that
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome